Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my name is Ken and I just purchased my first focus a couple of weeks ago. I live in Marlborough, NH and will be graduating from Keene State College this spring with a degree in Product Design. Jason (HTPerformance), who some of you may know, is a good friend of mine and recommended I introduce myself to the Foci world. A couple of weeks ago I purchased a 2000 ZX3 Kona Edition. I already have a list of upgrades I can't wait to install. I plan on running AutoX next season and have already dug into my focus in preparation. All in all I just wanted to say hello, and introduce myself as a proud new focus owner. [wrenchin]

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
Welcome to FF. Good to have another New Englander on the forum. Green Konas are uber rare.

·
Registered
347 Posts
welcome, and enjoy, don't be afraid to ask question, were always willing to lend a hand, or message.

[welcome]

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to FF. Good to have another New Englander on the forum. Green Konas are uber rare.
Thats a neat fast fact. When I first looked the car up I had no idea what the "Kona" part meant. I had to research that one a little before I bought the car. It's too bad the guy didn't still have the bike rack and bike to go with it. That would have been sweet.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I also remember buying my fofo and not knowing what it was made of. And if I knew then what I know now I still would have bought my fofo. Welcome again and hope to see you at foci In the falls or any meet and greet/ride inbetween or after.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you all for the welcome. Does anyone here run autox in the Connecticut area? I plan on running next season, didn't know if I might see anyone around.

·
Proudly Daily Driven
2,255 Posts
i dunno if ill run in it...but that wouldnt be a bad idea for a get together...any idea when they run?

·
Registered
347 Posts
The only autox I know of takes place at ECC north campus here in buffalo. I'll check with my bro about autox more and find out some info for you. I know there are regional events all over the place so when I get home from jersey I'll get more I to for ya.

I also plan on autoxing so maybe I'll see ya at an event weather in my area or yours or any where inbetween.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Im not exactly sure of the dates but they set up courses in large parking areas and also have some track days every year. It's the C.A.R.T. (Connecticut Autocross and Rally Team). I was able to make it to their last autox this season and I hope to be running next season. Their site is www.cartct.com if anyone wants to check it out. [cheers]

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That was strange, not exactly sure why that posted twice?? Anyways, how do I go about posting a small pic under my name so it will show up on my posts? I'm still new at this lol

·
Proudly Daily Driven
2,255 Posts
cause the server is sketchy here sometimes....but i smell a g2g coming at a possible autox

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Welcome aboard, Ken!

Only met him once, but I'd have to agree with you that Jason is a great guy. And you're rocking Marlborough eh? Keep an eye for me in the summer months then. My fiance's family has a cottage on the lake in Harrisville and we usually end up making 2 or 3 trips up for little stays.

Not a Kona, but I have the Kona roof rack!

·
Registered
391 Posts
lol, looks like a bumble bee

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
Im not exactly sure of the dates but they set up courses in large parking areas and also have some track days every year. It's the C.A.R.T. (Connecticut Autocross and Rally Team). I was able to make it to their last autox this season and I hope to be running next season. Their site is www.cartct.com if anyone wants to check it out. [cheers]

Check with J and Brian at HT Performance. I'm fairly certain they run with C.A.R.T.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah they do. lol Thats who I'm going with. J is the one who got me into the focus and the build. We plan on running all over next season. Connecticut, New Jersey, NY, all over. I'm hoping to have the best summer ever!! I went to watch my first Autox with them and now I'm going to run a car. It's addicting. I can't wait for track days![race]

1 - 20 of 23 Posts