Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I have been off the forum for a while since I sold my 2006 ZX3 S back in 2016. Now I am back with a 2017 Focus!

My new car has many more features than the S had. It has power locks and even intelligent access keys.

One of the features that I do not like about my 2017 is that it often honks at me for very questionable reasons. Below I have a list of times when I have noticed that my car sounds the horn.

1. When I press the lock button on the fob twice
2. When I turn the car off (with the start/stop button on the dash), get out, close the driver door, then open the passenger door (to get my backpack), then press the power lock button on the passenger door (with the key in my pocket).
3. When I start the car, then get out and close the door while I scrape the frost off the windshield (with the key in my pocket).
4. When I remote start my vehicle, unless Quiet Start is on. (This according to the owner's manual. I have not tried this remote start feature myself.)

I like the sound of this Quiet Start thing. But how do I stop all of the other horn honkings? I do not like all this extra noise and when I am getting in and out of my car in the early morning I don't want to be walking on egg shells, worried that this thing might sound off and wake my neighbors. Are these features that can be disabled with Forscan or something similar?

Thanks

Pete

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did think of this. It might work for #3. But it doesn't work for #2 since I am trying to turn the car off, get my backpack and leave the car locked.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts