Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always hated the orange lighting in the front, you see it everywhere and know there is a focus driving by. I have never seen anyone else do this. Some people might think it is illegal (Michigan) but under the law, only if its blinking and my parking lights do not blink. I just want an opinion...do you like the red...should i black them out. Im new on this web and always wanted to see if anyone else likes it like i do and maybe start a trend.

Attachments

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
You asked, no I don't like red lights on the front. If you don't light amber, try clear. Your foci looks cool btw & welcome to FF.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,111 Posts
I would stay away from the red... A dumb reason to possibly be pulled over by.

Take opinion from felix and try the clear corner. Then maybe a white bulb in it?

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
Well, since you already have the Mach headlights, why even keep the svt grill with amber lights. You could simply sell the SVT grill and buy a euro grill with the money.

If you don't already know what a euro grill looks like, here the one I'm running currently. It's a pre facelift grill.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
This^^^^^^ Like.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,111 Posts
Well, since you already have the Mach headlights, why even keep the svt grill with amber lights. You could simply sell the SVT grill and buy a euro grill with the money.

If you don't already know what a euro grill looks like, here the one I'm running currently. It's a pre facelift grill.

Ugh, better idea than mine. Go with this, cleaner and better look.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow you guys actually helped out! And I love opinions because I just like different ideas.I think I might do the euro...but anyway possible to get an SVT emblem instead of the FORD in the middle and putting the emblem maybe to the driver side?

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,111 Posts
Wow you guys actually helped out! And I love opinions because I just like different ideas.I think I might do the euro...but anyway possible to get an SVT emblem instead of the FORD in the middle and putting the emblem maybe to the driver side?

Tfbdesigns would be the place to get those. Should be a link on the forum or just google it. Set of 3, for front, back, and steering wheel. $24 I believe. Vinyl or gel overlays. A lot of people have them.

We are here to help.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
There are badgeless Euro type grills out there that don't have the Ford badge in the middle, there just harder to find. If you can track one down, all you'll need to do is glue on an SVT badge in whatever position you'd like.

I think there used to be a badgeless grill supplier on eBay but that's been years ago so I don't know if they are still there.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
unfortunatly red lamps on the front, blinking or not are illegal in MI
http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(el...eg.aspx?page=getObject&objectName=mcl-257-689
"(a) Front clearance lamps and those marker lamps and reflectors mounted on the front or on the side near the front of a vehicle shall display or reflect an amber color."
Euro grill is the way to go, or just paint/tint over your amber lights to eliminate them from view.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts