Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Believe it or not my 2011 Focus only has 22K miles on it and it's about time I toss out the old Khumo OEM tires and replace them with good ol' Michelin tires.

I decided to go with a more expensive brand because I got a great deal at Costco with installation included. The tires I got are the

Michelin Sports Pilot A/S 3

Here are some BEFORE & AFTER pics of my car and tires.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Those tires handle great, but my fuel mileage dropped about 3 mpg. I was getting 325-330 miles when the 50 miles to empty message came on, now I get 290-305 miles. This was all city driving in the spring and summer. Highway is now 340-350 miles to the message, it was 375+ before.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Those tires handle great, but my fuel mileage dropped about 3 mpg. I was getting 325-330 miles when the 50 miles to empty message came on, now I get 290-305 miles. This was all city driving in the spring and summer. Highway is now 340-350 miles to the message, it was 375+ before.
More stick= more friction.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
I should have went with the 205/45/17 since they are 3 lbs lighter each, which I may do when I get the SVT wheels.
You looking for mpg or performance? What size do you have now?

·
R.I.P Kona
12,868 Posts
He's running 215 45 17 in the pics.

Think I will get some super sports in the spring.

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
Very good Choice :) I got the AS3s a couple months back now, awesome tire in wet or dry, better then the older AS2+ you will enjoy.... and how many Ultra High performance tires come with a 45,000 mile warranty?

looks like you got the W rated tires, me too! [twothumbs] price difference was 5$ from the Z rated. I paid 648$ Out the door, what did you pay?

·
Registered
431 Posts
You looking for mpg or performance? What size do you have now?
Just a good balance of performance/mpg, I have the 215/45/17. The plan was to go with the 205 because it was 3 lbs lighter and closer to standard tire height range of the other rim sizes, plus it seems the Michelin runs slightly larger anyway compared to the kumho. I let the tire salesman talk me into staying with the 215 due to post holes(big issue in Michigan). My stock rims are peeling extremely bad so its time for new rims anyway, so I may give the 205's a try.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Very good Choice :) I got the AS3s a couple months back now, awesome tire in wet or dry, better then the older AS2+ you will enjoy.... and how many Ultra High performance tires come with a 45,000 mile warranty?

looks like you got the W rated tires, me too! [twothumbs] price difference was 5$ from the Z rated. I paid 648$ Out the door, what did you pay?

I paid $676 out the door. I bought them at Costco Auto Tire Center.

And thanks everyone! It's been a few months since I have my new tires... probably put about 1000 miles into them and they're definitely amazing! Handling great and a lot better than my old Khumos. Definitely recommended for any future FOCI upgrades!

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
late responda... haha got mine at NTB have a fleet discount though and Im loving these new AS3's what about you?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts