Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else out there up there yet... Lol. Im prettysure I need new brake pads. Other than that, running like a champ

·
Registered
132 Posts
KonaBlue, congrats! That really beats my 3700 haha (although some upcoming long road trips will get me closer to 10000).

But why do you say you need new brake pads already? Do you do a lot of city driving?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Congratulations! 14k seems so far away, but we'll be there in about a year. Manual or auto? Any things you are getting tired of or more appreciative of about the car?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can just feel it, cant really explain it. I drive mostly expressway, 110 miles a day for work. And took a vacaton down in alabama on top of a mountain. Spent a week there. So it ads up.lol

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
I'd have a visual inspection done... 14k is really early for pads to be going.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Glad you're enjoying it! And, yes an appt. to check the brakes should be in order and should only take 30 mins to check taking their time to look it over.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Keep us updated on the brakes.

Any idea how much that would cost to replace? I haven't taken delivery on my car yet and I'm on the fence with the pre-paid maintenance. I know brakes are covered, and I'm considering the 6 years, 75K for $890 through Floodfordesp.com. If that's going to be more than one brake service, might be work it.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Pads should be good for 60-80K on modern cars, especially with highway driving. If they are worn already there is something wrong or you are accidentally riding the brake.

·
Something goes here
8,290 Posts
Thought my 5,000 since April was good Damn lol

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts