Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
darkstar motorsports has pulleys for the duratec-they are not underdrive pulleys-they are lightened aluminum stock diameter pulleys they already have the water pump and alternator pulley for sale. i just talked to them and there working on releasing a lightened crank pulley for the duratec-cant wait! all that unnesessary weight from the stock pulleys-and with out sacrificing the water pump and alternater, for street use-man! cant wait![vommit]

·
Registered
102 Posts
Very cool [thumb]

My 2009 de-revs way too slow, this would surely help. So would a lighter flywheel... money money.

·
Proudly Daily Driven
2,255 Posts
the crank pulley is made for the mazda 2.3 and when i contacted them they said it would fit my car since it is a 2.3 also, so i dont know if it will work for a 2.0

and even tho the crank is the same size the same issue of installing it correctly is there, you have to be right on with the timing or else bad things will happen

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
darkstar has posted this information in the other thread talking about underdrive pullies.

·
FF Affiliate
31,150 Posts
And there are to do what other then for you too loose your hrymonic balancer for a chunk of Alum.

You cant see them hardly once bolted on so why install them , please dont say they add power

Tom

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
the crank pulley is made for the mazda 2.3 and when i contacted them they said it would fit my car since it is a 2.3 also, so i dont know if it will work for a 2.0

and even tho the crank is the same size the same issue of installing it correctly is there, you have to be right on with the timing or else bad things will happen
To my knowledge, the 3 and the Focus use different trigger wheels.

·
Proudly Daily Driven
2,255 Posts
doesnt matter i dont plan on buying it...im just saying what they told me

i did buy the alt. and water waiting to be installed

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
And there are to do what other then for you too loose your hrymonic balancer for a chunk of Alum.

You cant see them hardly once bolted on so why install them , please dont say they add power

Tom
of course they add power tom, lol [chair]

i just installed my babie's car seat, and because she'll have a 5point harness, my car is faster [boxface] lol

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
im getting them to lower the weight of the pulleys themselves.. may get 4-5whp out of it all.. but having a crank pulley that is 5lbs lighter than stock and the other light pulleys has gotta help it rev faster.. its like the bsd

·
Registered
647 Posts
would it really make that much of a diffrence with the revs? I mean... I understand why but are you going to notice it? guess we'll see, I'm sure someone will have all three

·
FF Affiliate
31,150 Posts
im getting them to lower the weight of the pulleys themselves.. may get 4-5whp out of it all.. but having a crank pulley that is 5lbs lighter than stock and the other light pulleys has gotta help it rev faster.. its like the bsd
Hogwash , 0 to 2 HP gain at best maybe and for SURE not worth loosing the harmonic dampner for even 4HP gains

Guys selling stuff like this need the buts kicked , they do it for the cash and could care less if it works or if it harms anything , I will guarantee you no testing or dyno has been done

Tom

·
Registered
596 Posts
I tend to agree w/Tom... Even tho I never got to go to NC to let him do my dyno tuning (which I wish I could have done) I know he is a man who knows his stuff...jmho

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
If your concern is the age old 'hanging rev' issue, you can correct it (largely) in the tune. I have been working on that. Still have a bit to go.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
no not my concern..

i just want lightweight pulleys.. there no downside to getting them.. you guys can start talkin sh** about them when they actually start to break if they ever do. but say anything bad about them now.. cough tom cough

·
Proudly Daily Driven
2,255 Posts
get a before and after dyno sheet...if they don't do anything and hopefully your engine stays balanced correctly, you've done the focus community a favor by saving some people some money .... if you notice a gain and the dyno shows it, you've still helped the focus community along with darkstar promoting their product

·
FF Affiliate
31,150 Posts
no not my concern..

i just want lightweight pulleys.. there no downside to getting them.. you guys can start talkin sh** about them when they actually start to break if they ever do. but say anything bad about them now.. cough tom cough
Other then you who said anything about then breaking ?

Tom

1 - 20 of 79 Posts