Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just swapped my blown zetec for a used engine from a junkyard...everything in and ready to go..now it wont start..im getting no spark at all i have double checked the wire a million times..anyone have any ideas what this could be cause by??ohh yea i did get this code to come up while trying to start it P0320 - Ignition Engine Speed Input Circuit Malfunction The ignition engine speed sensor input signal to PCM is continuously monitored. The test fails when the signal indicates that two successive erratic profile ignition pickup (PIP) pulses have occurred. Loose wires/connectors. Arcing secondary ignition components (coil, wires and plugs) On board transmitter (2-way radio) The DTC indicates that two successive erratic PIP pulses occurred.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Make sure that you put the correct crank sensor in the car. I've twice myself forgot to make sure it was the correct one and had to pull everything apart again. The crank sensors are different between the AUTO tranny and the MTX75 tranny.

·
FF Affiliate
30,872 Posts
Yep thats my guess to installed a ATX cranks sensor housing in a MTX

It isnt the sensor that is Diff its the crank sensor housing is at a Diff angle and that is bolted on from inside the Trans belhousing behind the flywheel

Tom

·
Registered
248 Posts
it is the bracket....the mtx-75 crank sensor bracket is outside the tranny the auto is inside....more than likely the problem

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
The crank sensor bracket is bolted on the inside of the block on both the auto and the mtx. If its the wrong one, you will have to take the trans back out to change it.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Good Luck

·
Registered
216 Posts
So was that the problem?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts