Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Something goes here
8,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just drove out to SCT again, there was finally a new update for the car from ford. So Mike from SCT loaded the new update on to the car to see if there current set up can read it and just get a start on what to do. Well good news is they can read some of the ECM, bad is a majority they can not. So just wanted to let you know that SCT is looking into the new 2012's [;)]

·
Something goes here
8,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
SCT is THE tuning device company for the focus. Hope they can crack the 2012's

never realized how many cars out there dont have an easy tuning option, most have to go to an expensive standalone or MS

·
Registered
201 Posts
A big chunk of the people who purchased this car were looking for good mileage. I would find it hard to believe SCT would be able to squeeze better MPGs out of this car without significantly impacting driveability. On the flip side, the market to increase performance on this car is probably not there because it would significantly impact fuel economy.
If I were SCT I would invest my resources in other projects, not the 2012 focus.

·
Something goes here
8,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do respect your opinion, but that is also what people said about the mk1 focus, myself I have had a tune on my prior cars an know that not only is drive abilty stays the same or improves as well does fuel economy.... And having options to change tujes depending on what you are doing is a god sent

·
Registered
968 Posts
People that upgrade their intakes and exhausts could benefit from a tune, and lots of people are likely to do that.

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Its shocking that they are having such a hard time. In the limited discussions I have had with the ST team they sounded like even with the ST it would be easily modifiable. And of course with any modifications a tune can always help.

I saw some one was discussing improving fuel economy and I would say most people modifying and tuning are not overly concerned about improving or even maintaining the factory fuel economy.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Great to know! It takes time for tuners to crack the code. They're (SCT) still working hard on the ecoboost F150's.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just drove out to SCT again, there was finally a new update for the car from ford. So Mike from SCT loaded the new update on to the car to see if there current set up can read it and just get a start on what to do. Well good news is they can read some of the ECM, bad is a majority they can not. So just wanted to let you know that SCT is looking into the new 2012's [;)]
Did they mention what ECU it is? Bosch? Siemens? etc?

·
Sonic Crew #04
7,513 Posts
A big chunk of the people who purchased this car were looking for good mileage. I would find it hard to believe SCT would be able to squeeze better MPGs out of this car without significantly impacting driveability. On the flip side, the market to increase performance on this car is probably not there because it would significantly impact fuel economy.
If I were SCT I would invest my resources in other projects, not the 2012 focus.
Well there is D and S settings on the powershift tranny, which do shift differently, so it may be possible to have two tunes, one that is set in D for mileage and one set in S for performance

·
Something goes here
8,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I emailed Mike Rogers, a week ago, they are making progress the can read the ecm, and are working on writing basic commands.

·
Registered
65 Posts
That would be AWESOME! I would love to have a tune that had crisp shifts from the dual clutch auto. It would be great to have it active in S, but maintain MPG in D. I will be interested when they get it done!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Would love to get mine tuned after exhaust, CAI, UDP. But, always looking at improvements to mileage as well, which, in the past has always been a side benefit, when not into the pedal.

·
Something goes here
8,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I personally think this motor is going to react very well to a tune, increase the timing across the board, compensate for the increased airflow with the intake and exhaust. I just want to get rid of the enrichment delay when you hit the gas lol

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
That would be AWESOME! I would love to have a tune that had crisp shifts from the dual clutch auto. It would be great to have it active in S, but maintain MPG in D. I will be interested when they get it done!
In that case, they would have to "crack" the TCM as well as the PCM.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts