Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, new to the site and am looking into adding a simple turbo to my car. Nothing too serious, just something to pick up the pace a little bit lol now I don`t have a lot of money but just looking too see some general quotes and what it will take. I have looked around and seen some people mentioning low 14s possibly break 13s if done right but I have no clue if it is true, so that`s why I am here. If you could give some ideas, quotes or any advice you guys have that`d be great. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
A local guy did a DIY kit on his SE and he was running about 12psi and laid down low 14s and if he could get a little traction could have easily got into the 13s.

I would recommend starting with one of 1turbofocus' kit. It has quality and has been proven and will also be the cleanest setup.

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
X2 get Toms kit (1turbofocus)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Tom, how much does your kit cost and what wil be the end results, like 1/4 mile and such...

·
Registered
69 Posts
My DIY kit would work great for you and your goals , stock engine you could safely go 240HP to the wheels

Tom
1) Is this CARB approved?
2) Where can I find it? I looked at focus-power.com and all I can find are the following options:
Complete Engines
Stroker Short Blocks
Short-Blocks
WRC CGI Blocks
Custom Billet Main Caps
Ported SVT Head
MTX Transmissions
Custom Fabrication

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol a charger puts too much stress on the crank... and its all stock internals so for the 12 psi id have to upgrade quite a but would i not? just need something simple that works lol

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
lol a charger puts too much stress on the crank... and its all stock internals so for the 12 psi id have to upgrade quite a but would i not? just need something simple that works lol
Stock internals would be fine on 10 psi and I never heard of anyone saying the Procharger puts too much stress on the crank. It's just like running another accessory.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
oh, im rather new at all this, i thought chargers are harder on the crank where as turbos dont add any extra stress on it.....unless ht eprocharger works the same as a turbo....or i am just completely wrong lol in which case teachhh meee haha

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
oh, im rather new at all this, i thought chargers are harder on the crank where as turbos dont add any extra stress on it.....unless ht eprocharger works the same as a turbo....or i am just completely wrong lol in which case teachhh meee haha and so your kit uncludes everything i will need, so id just need to install and tune?

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Superchargers run off the crank and turbos run off the exhaust. Procharger does not work the same as a turbo. The turbo is not belt driven. Yes my kit has everything you need. All you will have to do is get it tuned on the dyno or remotely.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yep just looked at it...basically i am looking for the safest upgrade at a lower price...and like i said i would like to hit 14s, but if the price diff from 15s to 14s is too much i can live with 15s...so im curious as well as to Tom's setup and price/results...so do you sell kits or you only have this one available?

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Yep just looked at it...basically i am looking for the safest upgrade at a lower price...and like i said i would like to hit 14s, but if the price diff from 15s to 14s is too much i can live with 15s...so im curious as well as to Tom's setup and price/results...so do you sell kits or you only have this one available?
No I don't sell kits this kit was on my car. Toms kit is a good way to go but if you price everything together and take into account the stuff he doesn't include, you'll be paying around the same.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh and my car is all stock, just a 2000 SE, so I believe zetec DOHC? So yea not sure if that will make a difference but thought I'd mention it.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Toms turbo kit $1495
Comp Turbo $675
3" MAF tube $70 (you're gonna want this)
Mafia $171.06
60lb Injectors $199.95
Spark plugs $11.95
GReddy RS BOV $223.95
AEM Wideband $274.95
Boost gauge $49.95
dual gauge pillar $56.95

$3228.76 total and that doesn't include the shipping costs, wastegate, oil feed line, clamps, hoses, bolts washers and nuts, oil return line, vac lines, and a filter. All those prices i took from CFM for reference. Here is Toms thread for his kit. HERE

1 - 20 of 31 Posts