Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yup, I guess I use it too much or they forgot to top it off at my last oil check, but yeah I ran outta the windshield wiper fluid. Whats the best kinda stuff and best brands to put back in there? Thanks!
[ffrocks]

·
Registered
788 Posts
Yup, I guess I use it too much or they forgot to top it off at my last oil check, but yeah I ran outta the windshield wiper fluid. Whats the best kinda stuff and best brands to put back in there? Thanks!
[ffrocks]
You're in sunny Florida, I'd buy the cheapest blue fluid you can find. It's not like here in frigid Minnesota where you have to put in fluid that won't freeze when it's -20 degrees.
They probably forgot to check the blinker fluid, now is the time to top that off.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
blinker fluid? if you're being funny then the only reason i mentioned it was cause it specifically said on my maintenance invoice that they "topped off all fluids including wiper..."

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
omg homie was serious...there really is such a thing. lol so i never saw anything about that in the manual, how do i check it and where is the area to pour extra in?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nope ill go check it out now. i hear it should be changed every 25,000 blinks....anyone got an idea how many miles that is on average? i mean sheesh i have no idea how many blinks ive used or w/e....and it really runs out or do i have to drain it and add more? like the level of fluid will just drop over time?

So yeah about the windshield wiper fluid....there isnt a special brand yall recommend? just the cheapest stuff from walmarT?

·
Registered
362 Posts
I've been a big fan of Rain-X wiper fluid.

·
Registered
122 Posts
nope ill go check it out now. i hear it should be changed every 25,000 blinks....anyone got an idea how many miles that is on average? i mean sheesh i have no idea how many blinks ive used or w/e....and it really runs out or do i have to drain it and add more? like the level of fluid will just drop over time?

So yeah about the windshield wiper fluid....there isnt a special brand yall recommend? just the cheapest stuff from walmarT?
Can't tell if serious or....

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lol im serious...sorry for being this dumb, its just that this is my first new car ever and i wanna take good care of it. i've always had junk beater cars which i didnt care about and they fell apart...and thats what i want to avoid with this car. i take such good care of it, hence my questions about the best kinda stuff to put in it. plus everyone says maintenance is the best way to keep the car running smooth...didn't realize that the answer to my question was that obvious. i guess ill just figure it out myself...

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
ALWAYS want to have PLENTY of blinker fluid and spare muffler bearings.
Makes me feel a whole lot safer knowing I have the stuff in the trunk for when I need some. [hihi] [hihi]

On the serious side i LOVE Rain X and use to all the time. It protects the windshield, rear windo and the drivers side window (with all the extra up and down the driver's side window gets.
Rain X makes the window slippery as can be. The side window rolls down or up with near zero stiction.
The wipers slide across the windshield like they were gliding across an iceskating rink.
And the road dust will not gradually scratch up the windshield from wipers rubbing the dust and dirt into the glass. My 110,000mi Contour windshield was like brand new due to using Rain X on it.
So two BIG thumbs up for Rain X.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Makes me feel a whole lot safer knowing I have the stuff in the trunk for when I need some. [hihi] [hihi]

On the serious side i LOVE Rain X and use to all the time. It protects the windshield, rear windo and the drivers side window (with all the extra up and down the driver's side window gets.
Rain X makes the window slippery as can be. The side window rolls down or up with near zero stiction.
The wipers slide across the windshield like they were gliding across an iceskating rink.
And the road dust will not gradually scratch up the windshield from wipers rubbing the dust and dirt into the glass. My 110,000mi Contour windshield was like brand new due to using Rain X on it.
sweet, i'll get some of the Rain X bug remover stuff for my car...thanks!

and umm another noob question, whats the muffler bearings? how would i know if i need to replace em? and about the blinker stuff where does it go? right there under the hood?

·
Registered
122 Posts
My old car's windshield fluid pump broke, so I literally havent used windshield washer fluid in years.

When I have to fill up though, it depends on the time of year. October to April is usually anything winter rated (obviously dont want it freezing in the tank, can freeze the lines or screw up the pump) and any other warm time of the year, its anything else really.

However, I usually try to get that stuff that lets water bead off of your windshield, and usually doesnt require you to use your windshield fluid too often.

·
Registered
122 Posts
sweet, i'll get some of the Rain X bug remover stuff for my car...thanks!

and umm another noob question, whats the muffler bearings? how would i know if i need to replace em? and about the blinker stuff where does it go? right there under the hood?
Ok, if you are seriously asking that question, let me stop you now, since nobody else seems to.

There is no such thing as "blinker fluid" or "muffler bearings".

Dont waste money on anything called either of those, and definately dont go pouring stuff into your brand new vehicle if you dont know where it goes.

I really really hope you arent serious.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
wow...i hate you guys. hahahaha omg epic forum fail. props to yall for confusing the shizz outta a car noob hahahaha wow i feel retarded. [:)][:)][:)][:)] theres even a wiki page about blinker fluid...lol

·
Registered
182 Posts

Ooops sorry, didn't mean to quote. New reply

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
wow i shoulda checked good ol' urban dictionary
"Blinker Fluid - An imaginary liquid used in automobiles (to make the blinkers work). This term is used as a sarcastic remark toward someone who knows ablsolutely nothing about cars."

·
Registered
182 Posts
Manual says "Only use a washwer fluid that meets Ford specifications. Do not use any special washer fluid such as windshield water repellent type fluid or bug wash. They may cause squeaking, chatter noise, streaking and smearing."

Refer to Maintenance product specifications and capacities in this chapter.

Found at that chapter:
Motorcrapft Premium Windshield Washwer Concentrate (US)
Premium Quality Windshield Washer Fluid (Canada)

That said, I'm still going to use Rain-X. It doesn't stink as much as the other brands.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Aaaaah, you kids. I can remember when my windshield washer was powered by the air in the spare tire, and a gallon of windshield washer fluid was an investment that would probably last you two or three winters.

What we really need are headlight washers....
Moon

1 - 20 of 37 Posts