Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well a couple days ago I found a killer deal on craigslist, It was a 2002 Black Svt focus for $4,500, clean title, heated seats, and the black and blue interior. only 79000 miles and as clean as can be.

The guy i bought it from bought it for his daughter but she didn;t graduate from high school so she sold it.

This is Now my 3rd focus after owning a 2000 silver zx3, and a 2001 blue zx3.

I have waited since 2002 when I was a senior in high school for an svt but never could afford one, or justify it but when I saw this deal I jumped on it.

I have a question I want to ask, is they had put an aftermarket sony deck in, but it does not work with the steering wheel controls, so i am wanting to go back to a stock factory deck, which unit do I need to look for that will work in the svt.

Pictures will follow shortly, since i am currently still amazed it has been sitting in my driveway.

Well i look forward to hanging out on here and talking to you guys.

Thanks,

Luke

·
Registered
173 Posts
Congrats on the purchase. I always wanted a SVT, but by the time I got a good job there were none where I live.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Welcome to the site. I'm new here myself.

·
RIP 02 SVT 0209
3,944 Posts
sweet find , the stock decks suck and i went though 2 of them they
like to "eat" cds and on the first one that i had the volume control would work when it wanted to so the aftermarket one is probly better then the stock one
i have had my svt for about 2 years ...and about the steering wheel controls take it out or just leave it in there ...

hope that kinda helps....

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
check out the blaupunk (SP ?) deck, it came in the 02 and newer as an option i think, they are really nice!

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
Congrats on the killer deal. Yeah, I never did like my factory 6 disc CD changer, the volume control would turn the volume up when I went to turn it down, and vice versa.

·
Banned
1,671 Posts
nice find.....to get the column controls to work you need to get a PAC controller. Google it and you'll find it pretty quick. With the Sony deck, I'm pretty sure you need the SWI-PAC

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Yeah, like he said ^^ they make an adaptor for the controls. Freemans Car Stereo keeps them and i get a discount from them since youre failly local to me.

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
^yea, it will. but i suggest that you just buy the PAC kit and use the aftermarket deck. you can get way more control out of an aftermarket one than you can a stocker deck.

·
RIP 02 SVT 0209
3,944 Posts
is there a web site with those things on it ..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts