214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
104 Posts

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
I hate to tell you this man but you paid $50 too much. Crutchfield has it for $299 and it also comes with the dash kit and everything to install it. Also do you have sync? If so you will need the PAC wiring harness module. I don't have sync but in order to keep the functionality that works with the instrument panel I had to get the PAC module.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do have sync .... I havent ordered the PAC harness , i am curious if the stock screen will still work without the harness im not really worried about retaining sync but id like my stock screen to work still along with the steering wheel controls , though truth be told i can live without the steering wheel controls , I'll probably just install the new HU and go with just that till i can afford the PAC harness ... But i am curious to hear from other people that have installed aftermarket HU's as to what will still work without the PAC harness though I'm sure I'll find out soon enough

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
I do have sync .... I havent ordered the PAC harness , i am curious if the stock screen will still work without the harness im not really worried about retaining sync but id like my stock screen to work still along with the steering wheel controls , though truth be told i can live without the steering wheel controls , I'll probably just install the new HU and go with just that till i can afford the PAC harness ... But i am curious to hear from other people that have installed aftermarket HU's as to what will still work without the PAC harness though I'm sure I'll find out soon enough
The stock screen stops working regardless of what module you use. It still displays the temp but the only thing that the screen says is DVD.
It loses its functionality when you go to an aftermarket HU. And without the PAC module nothing aside from the HU will work properly.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
The stock screen will display your phonebook and you'll see who's calling you etc. The sync buttons on the steering wheel will still work, but you'll lose functionality of the volume buttons etc. You'll need another module that splices into the PAC module to regain functionality of all the steering wheels buttons.

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
The stock screen will display your phonebook and you'll see who's calling you etc. The sync buttons on the steering wheel will still work, but you'll lose functionality of the volume buttons etc. You'll need another module that splices into the PAC module to regain functionality of all the steering wheels buttons.
This, sorry I don't have sync so I was speaking from that perspective that the stock screen no longer does anything.

·
Registered
104 Posts
If you posted a write up on Double Din installation I would be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Happy.

I believe there is already a write up floating around on here. At first I had no clue what to do but in the end it's pretty straight forward. My biggest recommendation to save some frustration is to pull the E brake as far back as you can whilst removing the center console plastic. Everyone is free to pm me for questions since I went through it a few times.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I just installed mine with the PAC connector didn't want sync but I still have my radio controls on the wheel work. My bypass and Sirius interface should be here in a week!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm having an alpine installed and going with a maestro sw control box. I'm having my installed on the 14th, once it's up I'll take some pictures. I'll also post about how the maestro module works. I don't plan on retaining the original screen on the dash though, without the temperature it's kind of a useless thing to have, and I don't have a temp module.
I plan on making a custom gage pod to put there and hold two to three gages, not sure what though, any ideas?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I'm having an alpine installed and going with a maestro sw control box. I'm having my installed on the 14th, once it's up I'll take some pictures. I'll also post about how the maestro module works. I don't plan on retaining the original screen on the dash though, without the temperature it's kind of a useless thing to have, and I don't have a temp module.
I plan on making a custom gage pod to put there and hold two to three gages, not sure what though, any ideas?
I would definitely like to see a writeup on that. I was looking for something to replace the dashboard screen but have yet to find something I like. I also don't have the temperature model so once you go double-din, it's useless.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts