Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A tune from tom.

I know i dont need it with just I/E, but the future holds Header and Cams. I just want something to play with. Data Logging seems intriguing to me. lol
Im gonna go with F2's header what do you guys think i should use for cams? Im thinking Stage II cranes maybe??

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Busy Monkey
4,461 Posts
Stage 2 Crane's are what I got, and with my tune, CAI, and full exhaust it kicks arse [smackbum]
It still lacks a little power under 3k RPMs, so I'm thinking about getting the final drive gear, but over 3k RPMs it SCREAMS

·
Gal. 2:20
1,999 Posts
make sure you get the springs and retainers too. for the stage two is a bit more aggressive than the stage one wich I think you could get away w/o springs and stuff.IMO though I would have gotten every thing first then got the tune from Tom....well that is what I did, and hope your moding goed well.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
thats great you got the tune...with the cams, i would say the cranes, 2. they seem to be the overall best-reco'd around here. some say the cosworths flow too much for the focus. i dont have them personally, so i cant say.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
IMO though I would have gotten every thing first then got the tune from Tom....well that is what I did, and hope your moding goed well.
i originally planned on building a stockpile of parts and doing it all at once, but i haven't done anything in a while and i wanna datalog. im nerdy like that. lol and i also figured since tom is way busy i should have time to learn more about tuning and get familiar with the tuner while i am waiting on a revised tune for my future mods.

seems like everyone is choosing cranes cams so far. and i will be doing springs/retainers with stage II.

·
Gal. 2:20
1,999 Posts
ya crane cams stage 2, but you don't need a tune if your stock and SHOULDN'T run a tune that is made for a car w/ mods.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ya crane cams stage 2, but you don't need a tune if your stock and SHOULDN'T run a tune that is made for a car w/ mods.
the tune i ordered is specific to the mods i have done already. (I/E) i will have tom revise it when i mod again. (Header/Cams)

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
the nice thing is, N/A updates are free when you got Tom's tune [thumb]

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
that would def. be a bonus^^

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the nice thing is, N/A updates are free when you got Tom's tune [thumb]
exactly! and i dont mind if it takes him a while to get it to me either. just makes it that much better when it is finally done right??

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
absolutely, i'm glad he takes his time

·
Registered
275 Posts
where the heck do i find the crane cams at?!
i cant find ANYWHERE for the foci.
i looked and looked and looked. cant find shiz...

help? not stealing thread... just wondering where yall are getting
these cams from?

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
275 Posts
those the stage 2's?

·
Registered
275 Posts
the ones for 04-05 would fit 06?

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
i dont know enough about cams, but they should....should go by engine size/type, not year. so, a 2.3 or 2.0 vs. 04/05

thats what you want to look at....if they are for the DT 2.0/2.3

1 - 20 of 45 Posts