Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As well as the Massive Omni-Kit, so I can use it on my 07.

The suspension swap how-to in the archive refers to a 2000 LX model. Will this be similar enough to my 07 to work?

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,105 Posts
Haven't had any experience with the Omni Kit, but it should be the same. You may be in luck with the rear suspension and not have rust all over it.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I have rust all over ANYTHING stock, I'll be pretty damn disappointed! Hahaha.

I think the Omni-Kit is just a couple of machined sleeves to make the smaller-diameter lower end of the early-model shock fit in the larger-diameter seat on the late-model spindle.

But I also didn't know that the late-model springs are progressive and the early-models are linear, so I'm willing to bet there are plenty of other things I don't know. =P

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
If I have rust all over ANYTHING stock, I'll be pretty damn disappointed! Hahaha.

I think the Omni-Kit is just a couple of machined sleeves to make the smaller-diameter lower end of the early-model shock fit in the larger-diameter seat on the late-model spindle.

But I also didn't know that the late-model springs are progressive and the early-models are linear, so I'm willing to bet there are plenty of other things I don't know. =P
You are correct on the Omni kit. Enjoy your new suspension.
Learning is exactly what we all do and being on the forum will help tremendously. [thumb]

·
Registered
917 Posts
Make sure to put some Anti-Seize compound on the rear lower control arm bolt. They tend to become one with the bushing after a few years. Also, be sure to raise the rear LCA to approx the normal ride height with a jack before you loosen the bolt.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
What did you pay for the svt kit?

Reactions: Roland07

·
Registered
351 Posts
Mike,
Check your PM's.
Thanks!
flip

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mike, I think you know what I paid. For those of you on the outside of my transaction with Hilbish, it was roundabouts of $280. And some good advice on the rear endlinks came for free! Thanks Mike. =)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts