Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll soon have these installed within 7 days. If anyone knows the how to with the fog light install, please inform me.

BTW these are the OEM fog lights.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
IDK about wiring them into the headlight switch, but if you hook them straight to the battery and use a switch it isn't to hard.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Yeah what hutch said it will be a whole hell of a lot easier to hook it to its own switch rather then buying the headlight switch with fog light provision.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
I say wire them into the headlights with a relay so they are always on with your lights!
Did you get the kit from ebay or did you pony up and go through Ford?

·
Unicorn Owner
2,757 Posts
I have mine working FINALLY and will be writing up a how to very soon, possibly today.

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I say wire them into the headlights with a relay so they are always on with your lights!
Did you get the kit from ebay or did you pony up and go through Ford?
Oh no, Ebay. I paid $160 for it. It comes with the OEM switch, lamps, relay, harness, and bulbs.

I have mine working FINALLY and will be writing up a how to very soon, possibly today.
Please do, I need a write up.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
cool, you had me worried with the opening of "Just Ordered", most things are bought or got on eBay. Let us all know how it turns out! I want to do the same thing, except I want to wire them to the low beams so they are always on.

·
Unicorn Owner
2,757 Posts
How to install link

They do work whenever you have your low beams on, but if your lights are off then so are they.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
My point was to not have to change out the factory HL switch and or go under the dash, Just keep the wiring simple and under the hood.

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'd rather have full control of the fogs. This is why I want to use the OEM headlight switch w/fog. Vonkrause thank you for the write up.

·
Unicorn Owner
2,757 Posts
No prob, well it was a prob when they didn't work :p

But they work now so ^_^

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Got information about the kit, will be in on friday. Dont know when the HID kit for it coming in though.

**edit**

Crutchfield dash kit - Thursday (mounting tabs on mine broke after almost 2 years)
Coilover rear spring - Thursday
OEM Fog Kit - Thursday
H11 HID kit - Maybe saturday.

This weekend will be busy for me. =]

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got the fog kit installed. took me about 30 minutes to install it thanks to VK's write up.

All i need to do now is wait till i get my HIDs in. Will take few pics tonight.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
[clap] not a bad install time at all!

·
Unicorn Owner
2,757 Posts
Got the fog kit installed. took me about 30 minutes to install it thanks to VK's write up.
AWESOME! It took me about 3 hours to decrypt the booklet, did you get a booklet? Did you see how stupid it was?

Glad it went smoothly though, everything working?

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Wow, 30 minutes? I might have to order a set with an install time like that haha.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
This also makes me want to look up another set of those halo fogs. But that might be a little much.

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
30 minutes after I jacked up the car and the wheel off. It was easy as cake.

That booklet, I skimmed through it and just didnt even use it. Some steps just didnt clarify what to do. But got it done super fast All because of the fog light Write up.

sorry for crappy image but its a cell pic:

Oh btw, the white lights are from switchback LEDs, They are BRIGHT!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts