Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fiddle building my car over again sometimes.
Well the final price used to be $22,670 with my options.
Suddenly it is $22,770.
So i went back and checked. Yes, the base SE price went up $100.

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
Keep in mind build prices on websites are estimates and not totally exact.

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Flipping Rockstar
16,788 Posts
And payphones aren't a dime anymore, either![rofl]

Seriously, the price of things increase, some quicker than others...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yeah, it went up a week or 2 ago. I'm glad I ordered mine early last month. Cash back offer has gotten better since then so I'll be getting another $500 off.

·
Registered
202 Posts
When I picked my car up today my sales person told me that the Focus would be going up about $2000.00 next year. Because of demand.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I wonder if he meant $200. 2k is a heck of a price increase.
She definitely said 2K. I was stunned and replied with a "What a 20% plus increase?" She suspected it was to lower demand. That's one way to do it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
That would definitely be a deal breaker for me. With incentive and dealer discount I'm paying $1500 under msrp, and I still feel that I'm paying too much.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Considering the Civic has almost no inventory per Autoblog a few day ago, I wouldn't be surprised if Honda followed suit as well. Then, if Ford and Honda start to creep the prices up, then others like Hyundai and Toyota could start to raise their prices (either greed and/or the rationale that more people might pick up their cars because supplies are limited on the Focus and Civic, which reduces their inventory).

·
Registered
88 Posts
After reading the fine print on my sales agreement it seems that I'll get hit with the $100 price increase even though I ordered it a month ago. dagnabit....

·
Registered
712 Posts
When I picked my car up today my sales person told me that the Focus would be going up about $2000.00 next year. Because of demand.
I suspect that is a standard line salespeople use to cause a sense of urgency for buyers or help you feel good about your purchase..tell friends etc. The small car segment is very competitive with the Elantra, Mazda3, and the Chevy Cruise selling similar numbers to the Focus. I SERIOUSLY doubt Ford would just blow their competitiveness with +10% hike. That sales rep is full of it.[screwy]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts