Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a car enthusiast. If it's beautiful, I give respect and compliments. With that being said, I also believe most if not all cars can be great to look at if there is a vision. I'm on a mission to show that to my 22 yr old son. Which is why I joined. I have commandeered my son's 2006 Ford Focus ZX4 SES to show him that the car has potential to be a head turner. I thought this would be the best place to be to help me navigate this project. I look forward to the journey.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Welcome, I also had a 2006 SES but upgraded and gave it to my brother as a hand me down. There is a lot of things to do to that car that im sure your son will appreciate your "help" in making his car look, sound, and perform better. There is a ton of information hidden within the MK1 section of the forums and I wish you luck and hope seeing your progress with the build.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome! I’m glad someone else had the vision too. Could you possibly help me with the first thing I would like to do and that’s to do a center console swap (if possible) that also includes a shifter assembly swap because I really don’t like the height and style of the gear shift knob. It’s an automatic. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I will definitely share photos as things come together.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I didnt do a center console swap in the focus as it didnt really bother me, but I know as for the shift knob, I had asked about it when I had my vehicle a couple years ago and the answer I got was the aftermarket scene dried up for them, so its either OEM, DIY, or nothing. Im not sure if other Ford models from similar years as your focus would be a direct bolt on, but I decided to leave my shifter intact as it didnt seem to go through all that trouble. If you are looking for some help in the center console swap section, I know ChrisFix did a video about making your own and installing it, I think it was a turn of the century Crown Vic, but thats all I can think about for that. Im pretty sure the whole MK1 focus line comes with that awful center console design, and im not sure if it is possible to swap it out with ones from other ford models with similar years. If anything else you could trying search for center console in the MK1 forums and see where that takes you. Hope I could be of use though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts