Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is there a true 2.5" svt focus exhaust system, flex-back im assuming?

The Thermal Exhaust System I just installed claimed to be 2.5" diameter, but that was outside diameter of the outside pipe. I just care about the inside pipe diameter because thats what my exhaust gas will travel through, bigg effing deal about the outside..? But anyways, would a true 2.5" larger exhaust fit cosher on an svt focus? The Thermal inside pipe diameter was measured at 2.25" which looked much much smaller then my stock svt flex pipe when I installed it.

The system is much higher toned then my previous, and I honestly think this is due to the smaller pipping, reguardless of their mandrel bent straight through design and 4" tip. The system looks good, and is fully stainless steel, but Im sketchy on the dyno next week to see what it produces.

I prefer something lower toned with more flow. It sounds like this has good flow, and I think this because it is quite loud with my orp.

I can take pictures of my system tomorrow when I get my car in the air, but I have a feeling I will have to change my exhaust setup once again to get a true 2.5" cat back.

suggestions?
[rolleyes]

·
Registered
970 Posts
Stock is 2.38", and the Bosal is 2.5" and there are some 3" ones out there, so it should fit on your car without a problem.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont think im interested in the Bosal because their system uses a rear canister which Is what im looking to eliminate, but thank you for the suggestion. Im looking for a true 2.5" inner diameter exhaust..

·
Registered
970 Posts
take it out then and just put the bosal tip back on (easy way to get a center exhaust as well)

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was told by the manufacture that a true 2.5" inner exhaust diameter isnt possible, and its custom, and all exhaust measures from the outside and wouldnt fit if it was 2.5"...

Owch..

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Well, you answered your own question, and beat me to it.

Tubing goes by the OD, pipe goes by the ID.

Thermals are supposed to be good systems, though I have never heard one on an SVT. Keep in mind that the muffler will settle (or pack, depending on what you want to say), so the tone will deepen after a little while.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im going to tough it out a few weeks see if it changes, but the buzz in the 500rpm range i specified is a little annoying. I think its due to the 4" tip, but im not sure. Its not a vibrating, its a slight buzz when I pass an rpm range =/

·
Livin' it up in Cali
2,005 Posts
check out www.trubendz.com, they offer a choice of aluminized or stainless steel, 2.25", 2.5", or 3" piping, and a borla, magnaflow or flowmaster muffler.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts