Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Professor
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was a direct plug in (it is a factory unit), and I will check the tightness of my connections again, but it seems as if I have to turn it up more for the same volume as my old single disc. Is ther a diff. in power, or just in the volume control?[???:)]

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
I don't know, but something to check into, did the deck you put in come from the audiophile system? because the audiophile system has an amp and subwoofer. Maybe the head only has low lines out for the bass? The audiophile deck says 9006 audiophile on the face.

·
The Professor
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
vanace said:
I don't know, but something to check into, did the deck you put in come from the audiophile system? because the audiophile system has an amp and subwoofer. Maybe the head only has low lines out for the bass? The audiophile deck says 9006 audiophile on the face.
Mine is a 6006. The Volume control goes past 10. Can't remember if my old single cd went past 10 (5 and 6 were pretty loud [normal crusing volume])[:)]

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
The older one, or the single disk, does go past 10. My first focus had the 6006 and it was the same way. The focus I am getting from my day has the single and it seems a little louder too. Course, I never keep the stock stuff.

·
The Professor
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jisturm said:
The older one, or the single disk, does go past 10. My first focus had the 6006 and it was the same way. The focus I am getting from my day has the single and it seems a little louder too. Course, I never keep the stock stuff.

Weird don't you think? It does seem to sound clearer though. I used to swipe out the stock stuff too, but the indash 6 disk is very convenient, and was cheap (Got it new from FC for $150). Besides, with the Magnaflow and longtube, I can't hear it most of the time anyway...[:D]

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Mine sounds just fine to me. A big difference from a single disc in my [xx(] Dodge. I'm not really into all that audio stuff. Oh, only if I blow a speaker out which I think I'm very close to doing.....

·
The Professor
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ZX3_Chick said:
Mine sounds just fine to me. A big difference from a single disc in my [xx(] Dodge. I'm not really into all that audio stuff. Oh, only if I blow a speaker out which I think I'm very close to doing.....
I agree Ashley! Spend that money on go-fast parts! It is just that the price is right, and I don't like changing CDs to and from work (I average about 80mph). Dangerous and annoying...[:D]

·
The Professor
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I want to clarify that the player sounds great, but there is just a difference in the amount of volume needed compared to the single disk.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts