Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I went to Innovative's dyno day today in carlisle PA.
my car ran pretty good but really weird things happend lol.

My First dyno run was 215hp and 257tq
second pull made 217hp and 250 somthing tq
THEN somthing crazy happened.
my third run made 244hp and 267tq.
NOTHING was changed between the runs but on my data logs on the third run the ecu added 5* of timing and it made some good numbers.

Im all stock with a roush turbo kit on 14psi.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Thats normal.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
It's normal to gain 27hp without touching the tune?

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thats crazy tho. Im not complaining i love the TQ numbers.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Yeah man, 267 will burn some rubber and put you in your seat.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the crazy thing is. on the street if i hit it 1st gear rolling it doesnt spin. and second leaves a long chirp. I love break boosting 20mph.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Weird that you don't spin...I almost spin with 149trq...

Traction is good, though!

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah. my other focus had a FR head with FR 3 cams, made 150 150 and spins more than my turbo focus...but my turbo focus rolls out.

·
Registered
30 Posts
About 15% increase in HP from 5 degrees of timing and some boost. That's pretty good, what octane are you running? What kind of boost control?

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Boost wise it should take about a 3 psi spike to make 27whp more.... not including the 5* of timing the ECU added in.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Im not a expert at reading these logs , but all the time tom has spent tuning my car i have picked up alot. And when i look at all 3 of the logs they are all pretty much identicle. The only difference is in the third log (dyno with most power) it is making .05 more load at 2500 (when dyno starts) on all the 3 pulls he floors it then it bogs down and starts the pull. And the huge difference in the third log is the KS. right off the bat is starts adding timing then max's at 5 were as the other runs it pulls timing from the start and only adds .500.

And if the boost spiked it would only have spiked a couple pounds just for a second. So how would a brief spike in boost account for 27hp up top? i think it was all timing.
but idk im not the pro. lol

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

thats the best shoot i could get. im waiting on the dyno guy to email them to me so i have good copies on my PC.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Really don't get how you don't spin a lot of tire in 1st. The torque comes on pretty strong.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
zero spin in 1st. Thats why i love 20 rolls. and brake boosting. my car hates me. but i love it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts