Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my '03 ZX3 just hit the 50,000 mile mark. is there anything special that I should do in the next few days? I'm not too sure if Ford recommends having anything done or not. . .. I've kept up on most of the maintenence (sp?) like oil, coolant, and the normal other things, but is there anything that you guys/gals can recommend me doing to keep this thing running another 50k?? I'm open to recommendations and comments.

thanks for your help
-Josh

(mods if this isn't the right place move it for me [:D])

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,105 Posts
yeah swap out the POS ATX and drop in the MTX [thumb]

What about a transmission flush? Have you switch to synthtic fluids? I heard that helps. An Alignment doesn't hurt either.

How bout a Mazda 3 Speed?[:)~]

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i had the transmission flushed not all that long ago, and 2 oil changes i actually switched to a synthetic blend so i think i'm ok on those few points. i have noticed in the last few days that my car has an odd squeeking noise coming from the engine bay, but can't for the life of me find it. at first i thought it was the belt, well it's on there perfectly fine and there's not too much play with it either. so now i'm guessing on that too.
and BTW Devon, I'd love to have a new MS3 but I just can't justify buying a new car right now. . ..
anyone got anything else?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts