Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this isn't true...I was really hoping by November. [bigcry] My ride is currently in the shop getting its MFT worked on, amongst other things.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I hope this isn't true...I was really hoping by November. [bigcry] My ride is currently in the shop getting its MFT worked on, amongst other things.
Is that code for "We (FORD) haven't the foggiest idea on how to fix this mess" so we'll just leak it that a fix will not be coming until oh, lets say 6-10 months from now? BTW, where did you hear this from?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope it's because they are trying to do it properly. Considering the thing was first written in Flash, they are probably re-doing all of it; which if done properly should take months just to certify. Who knows how this was done the first time.

I heard it through the grapevine; which is rooted in the Ford hotline. Who knows if they have the right information though?

·
Registered
781 Posts
i'd take any information about future releases from the "grapevine" with a big grain of salt. last word with any credibility we heard was that ford was bringing microsoft in and giving bsquare the boot. as bigbot45 said it could take months for them to re-write everything yet keep existing functionality. while i hope they ditch flash i sure hope they don't port it to silverlight. ugh. give us a good proper app, as much as that is possible under winCE.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
he lists no sources or where he heard this information and everyone believes him? lol
Yes...this is the kind of thing anyone would make up? Really? In case it is difficult for you to infer; my car is in the shop getting the MFT serviced, and someone at the dealership MIGHT call Ford in the process and ask. That person may call me and tell me.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Yes...this is the kind of thing anyone would make up? Really? In case it is difficult for you to infer; my car is in the shop getting the MFT serviced, and someone at the dealership MIGHT call Ford in the process and ask. That person may call me and tell me.
What's with all this might stuff? Either they told you or they didn't?

Instead your trying to spread an unconfirmed rumor without a legitimate source. As many people can attest to on this forum using your dealership for information on any sort of update that may or may not be coming from Ford is not the best source.

Also, has your MFT had the 2.11 update installed on it?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What's with all this might stuff? Either they told you or they didn't?

Instead your trying to spread an unconfirmed rumor without a legitimate source. As many people can attest to on this forum using your dealership for information on any sort of update that may or may not be coming from Ford is not the best source.

Also, has your MFT had the 2.11 update installed on it?
I'm trying to be a little vague because who knows if this is information people were supposed to release. I don't like getting people in trouble who are working hard to fix my car. But yes....it was heard from someone talking to Ford.

My car has 2.11; and since the update the car's ability has to use a USB drive has stopped.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Whoa there guys. Bring it back a bit. He never says what information he had was factual. In fact, he even hints that it's a rumour and "hopes this isn't true". That statement tells you that he is only hearing a rumour and passing on the information he heard.

Isn't that what we all on here want. Some type of information about something, anything to do with MFT.

Of course it should be all taken with a grain of salt, and until someone can confirm it 100%, then take it as you will.

Don't jump all over the guy when he didn't say "I heard 100% that the release will be a guaranteed release for Jan 13, 2012".

It's a piece of information that we can now try to look at and see if someone can verify if such is reality of just some telephone game type of rumour.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I think the more important question that will result from the MFT re-write is "how much is it going to cost us?"

Hopefully it's a TSB, but from my experience 2.11 has been stable enough that they could probably make this an update that costs us $200 bucks.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Whoa there guys. Bring it back a bit. He never says what information he had was factual. In fact, he even hints that it's a rumour and "hopes this isn't true". That statement tells you that he is only hearing a rumour and passing on the information he heard.

Isn't that what we all on here want. Some type of information about something, anything to do with MFT.

Of course it should be all taken with a grain of salt, and until someone can confirm it 100%, then take it as you will.

Don't jump all over the guy when he didn't say "I heard 100% that the release will be a guaranteed release for Jan 13, 2012".

It's a piece of information that we can now try to look at and see if someone can verify if such is reality of just some telephone game type of rumour.

Well said.....couldn't agree more. If we're not getting the straight goods from Ford, then any information/rumours/whispers etc. that forum members come across should be posted so we can then choose to do with it what we will. Whats that old saying again..."believe 1/2 of what you see and NONE of what you hear." or something like that, I don't know if it's true, someone "told" me that once![rolleyes]

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Personally I'd rather have to wait and get a free update (better be free) and have a fully re-written and fully functional system rather than trying to fix a flawed system.

Luckily I haven't had issues but I too would be happy to know my system WILL not be prone to failure at anytime and I don't mind waiting to get there.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
My car has 2.11; and since the update the car's ability has to use a USB drive has stopped.
To do the update, the USB cable connecting the APIM to the media hub must be disconnected (a USB connection from the APIM to the tech's laptop is made).

Seems like someone forgot to connect something...

·
Registered
781 Posts
if ford in any way tries to charge us for updates to get MFT working with basic functionality without locking up, crashing, black screening, etc. i will personally lead the charge for a class action lawsuit. ford loudly touts this technology as best in class, fully functional, capable, and without serious errors or issues. this could not be farther from the truth. i've been in IT over 30 years, at best v2.11 should be called a beta release.

it's one thing to charge for new functionality (providing navigation to units purchased without navigation). it's another for correcting issues that never should have made it off of the assembly line.

·
Registered
23 Posts
if ford in any way tries to charge us for updates to get MFT working with basic functionality without locking up, crashing, black screening, etc. i will personally lead the charge for a class action lawsuit. ford loudly touts this technology as best in class, fully functional, capable, and without serious errors or issues. this could not be farther from the truth. i've been in IT over 30 years, at best v2.11 should be called a beta release.

it's one thing to charge for new functionality (providing navigation to units purchased without navigation). it's another for correcting issues that never should have made it off of the assembly line.
I completely agree with you. There is no way they can expect to charge for us. The MFT system as it exists right now is very flawed, and needs a lot of work.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ford can't charge you for any software updates while your car is under your base 3/36 warranty. and if you have extra care or premium care that would be a covered repair. I didn't hear of any fix all update coming out in January. Any updates that Ford comes out with will be available to anyone with MFT as long as your car is still under warranty free of charge.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Any updates that Ford comes out with will be available to anyone with MFT as long as your car is still under warranty free of charge.
Question for you... do you know if the 2.11 update is even listed on SyncMyRide website yet? Or is it only for people that have to ask for it?

Many companies in the past have gotten away without making sure 100% of the consumers receive recall notices/updates. All they are required to do is post it in some obscure place and call it a day and they are not held liable anymore. They leave it to the customer to "find" it.

In Ford's case in some obscure thread in their forums. I mean they don't even have a stickied post in their forums with title "MFT Gen2 2.11 Update Available".

If you did not visit this forum or the SMR forums would you know that 2.11 even existed? I can't check SMR since I already got the update so obviously it shouldn't show up on my update page.

------------------------------------------

Not to mention some dealers that tried to charge members on this forum to get the 2.11 update when there was a TSB on it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I agree with you. If there is an update, Ford should make you aware. Recalls are generally saftey and emissions related. If your having a problem with MFT, and you take it to the dealer, if there are any updates, they are free of charge. I bought a titanium 2 weeks ago for my wife, and did have a couple of glitches with MFT, but generally it been working ok. Believe me, I make payments on this car like everybody on this forum. I want the system to work as designed just like you do. Other than the MFT glitches, I really like this little sucker. Great ride for the size, great mileage, and it's a sharp looking little car. Was thinking about a Mustang, but I liked this car better and it's more practical with fuel prices the way they are. I really enjoy driving it whenever I get the chance, and it gets a lot of looks with the 18 inch wheels. I think Ford did a good job with this car.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts