Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,
I went from 17" stock all-weather to 15" snows on Steelies. The dealer reprogrammed the car for the new tire size. Unfortunately:

Tire Size Comparison
Specification Sidewall Radius Diameter Circumference Revs/Mile Difference
215/50-17___4.2in____12.7in__25.5in____80.0in________792______0.0%
195/65-15___5.0in____12.5in__25.0in____78.5in________807______-1.9%

They were nice enough to do the car re-programming complimentary. Just thought
you should know; and these were the suggested size from Tirerack.

Edit...I tried to fix the table...forum won't allow table code.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
Try posting it as an image perhaps? Also was this done fast and what did they have to do? My speedometer reads slow by a few mph and has since I picked up the car. Was hoping something easy like this would fix it.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Try posting it as an image perhaps? Also was this done fast and what did they have to do? My speedometer reads slow by a few mph and has since I picked up the car. Was hoping something easy like this would fix it.
My speedo is pretty exact. It matches those road radar ."your speed is" signs.
My old car was 3mph low...

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
According to the gps built into the car its 5mph slow at 75mph.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it may have been the tech's first time doing it so it took longer than it should. I'm just kind of happy that he noticed and took the time to do the job right. I don't think it should take a seasoned tech any more than 1/2 hour to figure out how to change the tire size.
When I had my VW this was pretty easy to change with the VAG-COM. The VW read a little high. I was fine with this because it helped keep me from getting speeding tickets.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Why would you bother for an error of -1.9%?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts