Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Southern AZ here. Just picked up a 2002 ZX5 with a rough idle for $1700.

It joins my current hatch, a 1999 Saab 9-3 Turbo. Now to decide which one I want to work on......

·
Registered
739 Posts
Damn I wish I could find a deal like that up here. Probably has no rust and I'm sure the rough idle will be an easy fix.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome. Work on focus.
Convince me why! [:p]

I'd personally work the Saab.

The focus is a great car, but the Saab is alot more unique, plus it already has a turbo on it, so its got more potential.
The Saab has been my baby for awhile. The last owner absolutely ripped on her so she's not in the best shape. The whole front suspension is basically on its last legs and I'm sure the tranny is on its way out. I actually got the ZX5 to cover as transport while I, hopefully, start doing some heavy work on the Saab. I'm planning on starting a B234 build for her soon, just gotta source a block. We'll see!

Damn I wish I could find a deal like that up here. Probably has no rust and I'm sure the rough idle will be an easy fix.
I really got lucky with this one. Interior is absolutely ace. Like they probably drove it by remote or something because there's not a speck of dirt or scuff marks or worn fabric or anything in sight. It's crazy. There are a few minor things on the outside like a ding in the rear passenger quarter panel, broken marker light up front, some peeling paint on the front bumper, and little rust spots in the hatch at the ends of the chrome vanity piece above the license plate. And I'm thinking the idle should be a quick fix as well. Throttle body needing to be cleaned maybe? All in all though, definitely a great buy.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Nice! I used to have a 1997 900 SE. Saved my life in a roll over!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yup, I'm glad to have this particular combination. The Saab has got some pretty gnarly suspension issues I need to take care of and the focus has no balls. So there's plenty to do in the coming year.

Think I'm gonna start gathering all the necessary components for an MTX swap on the focus.

I'm also going to be bagging one of these within the year.... Just need to decide which one. Haha.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts