Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a system finally. it consists of two 12" infinitys in a bandpass box and a rockford fosgate amp. it hits hard as hell. knocked off my rear view mirror already. lol

does anyone know songs with extreme bass?... i got alot already i would just like other people opinions. thanks!!!!

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
very nice man...sorry though, not a fan of those systems...why would you want to intentially rattle your car apart just from your music you are listening to?

i use to have subs in my old car...they rattled things loose and my car creaked and rattled when driving down the road after the wrath of those subs

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i just like to bump, thats my opinion. if things come loose then i tighten it right back up, no biggie. i already did "part" of my performance to the car and now i ready for some audio. i originally sold all my audio equipment for my motor and trans and now im getting back into it.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
take them out of the crap bandpass box to let them perform to their full power.
they hit hard as hell to begin with. makes my hair move on my head. lol i have no reason to take it out of the box for more power, im happy with it just how it is... ill post pictures up later hopefully

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
going from bandpass to like a vented enclosure will give you a much smoother freq response and will probally be louder over a wider freq range...

far as music take a look at late nite tip by three 6 mafia

·
I.S.A.I.K.I.
5,413 Posts
they hit hard as hell to begin with. makes my hair move on my head. lol i have no reason to take it out of the box for more power, im happy with it just how it is... ill post pictures up later hopefully

The boosted bass level made by a bandpass box is definitely awesome, but in time it will destroy your subs.

three six Mafia is a good CD, 50 Cent's first CD is pretty good too.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
going from bandpass to like a vented enclosure will give you a much smoother freq response and will probally be louder over a wider freq range...

far as music take a look at late nite tip by three 6 mafia
Thanks!!![;)]

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The boosted bass level made by a bandpass box is definitely awesome, but in time it will destroy your subs.

three six Mafia is a good CD, 50 Cent's first CD is pretty good too.
what do you prefer over a bandpass that wont destroy my subs? enclosed or ported?

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
where ever u download ur music from, search bass music or bass test. nice techno songs with nice bass.

·
FocusFest Event Team
2,362 Posts
because of the way bandpass worksit will damage the subs a LOT faster than any other type of box. infinity subs need to be in either a sealed or ported box only. sealed will give a bit cleaner sound than ported. ported will give the appearance of a bit more bass. just be careful with them. infinity subs are meant to be a clean sub to compliment a system; not one for an spl competition. dont push them too hard I have seen the surround seperate on them from tryin to push them for more than what they're meant to do

·
I.S.A.I.K.I.
5,413 Posts
what do you prefer over a bandpass that wont destroy my subs? enclosed or ported?

That all depends on how you like your music and what type of enclosure your speakers were designed for. A sealed enclosure will deliver the most precise tight bass, and a ported enclosure is only about +/- 3 db over a sealed enclosure if I IIRC.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
now im having a problem with them... i will turn the car on and it will bump and maybe 5 mins later it cuts off and wont turn back on until the car sits for a lil bit and i turn it back on. anyone might know whats going on????

thanks

·
FocusFest Event Team
2,362 Posts
check the amp and see if it's goin into protect mode. which infinity subs are they and how are they wired? what amp and what's it tuned to?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
not sure what kind infinitys they are... they were givin to me for free. its a rockford fosgate 500w amp. not sure on the model. the subs are bridged to the amp.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What do you have your lead wire connected to? Sounds like the amp is still drawing power while the car is off.
im kinda new to the whole audio thing, my friend helped me out with the install... what do you mean the lead wire?

·
I.S.A.I.K.I.
5,413 Posts
There's a thin lead wire, probably like 14 or 16 gauge wire that's usually blue with a white line on it. This wire usually will run the length of the RCA cables. When you turn on your radio, it sends power to the amp and turns it on as well. But if your speakers make that "thump", your amp is in protection mode and won't turn on until it's cooled off a bit.

Are you running your stuff off the stock headunit or an aftermarket one?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
There's a thin lead wire, probably like 14 or 16 gauge wire that's usually blue with a white line on it. This wire usually will run the length of the RCA cables. When you turn on your radio, it sends power to the amp and turns it on as well. But if your speakers make that "thump", your amp is in protection mode and won't turn on until it's cooled off a bit.

Are you running your stuff off the stock headunit or an aftermarket one?
i got a aftermarket headunit.... your talking about the remote wire right?... i spliced that right into the power wire on the headunit so that when the headunit is off so is the amp.

·
I.S.A.I.K.I.
5,413 Posts
Yeah, it's also the remote wire. You shouldn't have to splice it directly into the main power wire because I believe it's only a 2v line. Most aftermarket harnesses will have a seperate wire that you connect the remote wire alone. I would go back and redo that portion of the wiring, because I'm thinking that the car has the ability to draw power for one hour before shutting off.

In the meantime check your main ground connection on the amp and make sure that your gain levels on the amp are set to match the output of the headunit.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts