Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yeah,,,, So I went into midas today with a grinding noise coming from my rear end on the focus... some manager lady told me it was both of my rear bearings that needed replaced... she told me it would be an hour to an hour and a half job... I said fine and I waited... and waited... 3 and a half hours later they tell me the car is finished.. I shell out 300 bucks and drive away... and low and behold not only is the grinding still there, but it's now worse than before. I turn around and go back and tell them... a tech hopped in the car with me and listened to the sound and told me... ooohhhh that's your backing plate... So I go inside the waiting room expecting them to pull my car in to look... I wait another 25 minutes for the manager to come in and say... "are you gonna leave it overnight?" I asked why it wasn't being looked at now and he replied "wer'e going home for the night". I told him I had a problem because I felt I was just sold wheel bearings that I didn't need. He said that I was told that it would need wheel bearings reguardless because they were taking the brakes apart. I stormed out to avoid punching him in his mouth. as I was walking out.. he said "you might need two more bearings tomorrow". this Midas is in Greenwood Indiana on U.S. 31. avoid them at all costs.

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Wow.. damn.

·
Registered
352 Posts
sounds like the Jiffy Lube way of business is spreading

Get in contact with a district manager

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
BBB

Call them, they are no joke.

Also demand the 300 you shelled out to fix the problem to be put towards the new repair costs.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well, to avoid an "issue" (me burning down the building), my father took the car back to them today and spoke to the original manager that sold me the bearings yesterday. they poked around the car all afternoon and couldn't figure out where exactly the grinding was coming from... She told my father that she would talk with the regional manager on tuesday and she aknowledged that they misdiagnosed my car. I had better have a refund in my hand tuesday afternoon.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I would say that you got the "Midas Touch" did they give you the industrial size container of lube when you left or the trial size...

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
sounds like he got rear ended with no lube I know I will be staying away from that business. I alway do my own work most of the time unless I don't feel like it then I play dumb very dumb just to see which shop is going to try to rip me off. For something that costs that much ask them to show you how they came to the conclusion it needed the part before they work on it.

·
Registered
190 Posts
#1 reason my car doesnt go to any shop , its so much cheaper to fix it myself.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Put Daddy on it. Good idea.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
terrasmak said:
#1 reason my car doesnt go to any shop , its so much cheaper to fix it myself.
Very true, and not only that but i dont trust idiots like that with my car.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I also fix everything myself. That way if it's screwed up, I can only blame myself, fix it again, and learn from the mistake so I don't do it again.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Lol it was interesting because i was gonna go to a midas last week to run a hard brake fluid line. the bigger place says no we cant to a 61 rambler phone the smaller less equiped shop yep bring her down.
If they dont have a computer to tell them what to do they dont know how to fix it.
More reason I am not going there.
logan

1 - 13 of 13 Posts