Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got a 14 ST1 in race red. it has the base stero w/o factory sub.

A friend has a 14 titanium with factory sub that he doesn't use. Can I install it in my ST and it work?

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
So I got a 14 ST1 in race red. it has the base stero w/o factory sub.

A friend has a 14 titanium with factory sub that he doesn't use. Can I install it in my ST and it work?
It won't be plug and play as the wiring isn't there. If you were handy with audio work you might be able to do something with it, but it would not be a factory clean install. The main vehicle wiring harness is different.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
The brakes yes..
You can tell for yourself: Open the hatch and look at your spare tire. If it is a 17" wheel then you have the bigger brakes. if your spare is a 16" then you have the smaller brakes.
You also should not have any problem with the wiring harness
I do not know of any other 'upgrades' in the 2014..

The latet steering programming? I have no idea. I think my own, built 10/15-16/ 2014 would have it..
But yours might or might not. The bulletin about it was released a few days after my car was built. But when it was in the production line cars?

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
When I looked at my brake rotors on the front are noticeably larger than the rears.
They would be noticeably larger regardless if you had a 13 or early 14 v.s. the later 14. The difference between the two is the 13-early 14 has a 12.6" front rotor v.s. the 13.1" (335 MM /13.18") front rotor on the post 3/31/14 builds.

The Rear rotors are the same 10.6" diameter as the base Focus.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
They would be noticeably larger regardless if you had a 13 or early 14 v.s. the later 14. The difference between the two is the 13-early 14 has a 12.6" front rotor v.s. the 13.1" (335 MM /13.18") front rotor on the post 3/31/14 builds.

The Rear rotors are the same 10.6" diameter as the base Focus.
Great to see Ford upgraded the front brakes. Would the calipers be the same?

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
Great to see Ford upgraded the front brakes. Would the calipers be the same?
It's not certain, but if they were the brackets would have to be different. It went from the Escape front rotor to those from the MKC based on the part number.

I don't think the caliper is the same based on there being a different service number on Fordparts and you wouldn't contact the full rotor face with the original caliper. We need to get a parts list for the changed parts though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts