Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok this is for serious performance buffs.

What would you estimate as far as HP and TQ for a 2.0 Duratec Focus that had the Cosworth Build from Focus Sport...all three stages...AND the turbocharger?

I know the cosworth complete build is 230 HP. Throw on a turbo and man, you'd have some wicked power.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
the only thing in the d-level power kits that will work are the cam's......

accoarding to randy @ focussport, cosworth ahs soemthing big planned for the 2.0 people that will cost around 600-700 dollars and be equall in power to the manifold... hello 20whp !!!

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
if all did fit then i would say that you would be in the mid-to-low 300's... maybe 340ish?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Are you sure that the cams would even work? Because i know that turbos require special tuned cams to work for a good tune...and to run right too, lol..

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
yes i am sure the cam's work and work well....

it is not a problem with fitment, it is a problem with the parts not being engineered for the 2.0

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So what would that be total, it's roughly 1200 for stage 1 & 2 of the Cosworth, 3 will most likely be the same, and it's 3k for the turbo...so....

For $6600 + the price of the car...let's say you got a deal on a new ZX4 for $15k...So for 21600, not including taxes and shipping and all that, you could have a car that would eat EVO's and STI's all day long. Hmm. Interesting.

Someone give me that much money. Rofl.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
1,200 for 1
1,200 for 2
and probably about
3,000 for 3

and the only parts you can keep from the whole kit are the stage 3 intake manifold and cams, so don't bother buying 1 and 2. just buy the intake manifold and cams sepreagetly

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I don't understand you say the kit won't work with fi because I thought stage 3 had the bottem end also why would that stuff not work I want to know as I was planning on doing the kit and FI

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I'm sorry, but this is stupid. The d-power kits were designed for a high revving high compression naturally aspirated setup and would be a gargantuan waste of money if you wanted to boost the car.

·
Premium Member
21,235 Posts
^^^ He's right. You can't have your cake and eat it too. If you're going to spend the money on internals and engine work- even if you can do it yourself- you either go one way or the other. The Cossie kits do have internals, but you can't put a turbocharger on an engine with 12.5:1 compression ratio unless maybe you were running alcohol and the car was drag only. Even then you'd be better off with 8:1 compression ratio pistons, and a stout 16 psi turbo. You must choose one or the other before you go inside a motor and make changes that will limit your options.

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
I know of something that will put out even more power, with a little higher cost... V8 conversion!!!! [burnout] [burnout] [burnout]

lol.. not realy affordable.....

·
Registered
930 Posts
I want a 2.0 manifold. I have the money. Why won't cosworth sell it to me?

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
becuase cosworth doesnot understand economics

it's gonna cost about 60,000 dollars to make 600-700 of them, they don't think they will ever see a profit off a 2.0 manifold, but that shouldn't matter, you take a loss for a product that has a small following, but a huge demand...

then they have customers for life...

but accoarding to randy at focussport cosworth is working on something sekret for the 2.0

1 - 13 of 13 Posts