Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it was all messed up , slipping on songs not loading right...did not work.
I took off the top , there is a little black plastic disk that turns the cds..it was worn smooth /glazed over...I re surfaced it with an exacto blade. Next i hit all the gears with a little silicone. Then there are the 2 slide bars on each side that a bid metal plate slides up and down on..it was sticking on those bars ..lubed those too...it runs sooo smooth now ..first song,Phsycho Social..Slipknot[headbang]

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
Nice job, glad to hear you gave it a shot yourself...WAy to go.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
You know, i might just give this a try with mine. Mine will take the CD's but it just won't read them, so maybe this is my problem. THANX!

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
it was all messed up , slipping on songs not loading right...did not work.
I took off the top , there is a little black plastic disk that turns the cds..it was worn smooth /glazed over...I re surfaced it with an exacto blade. Next i hit all the gears with a little silicone. Then there are the 2 slide bars on each side that a bid metal plate slides up and down on..it was sticking on those bars ..lubed those too...it runs sooo smooth now ..first song,Phsycho Social..Slipknot[headbang]
Please tell me thatss a typo "Next i hit all the gears with a little silicone"
Silicone is an Adhesive ?!?!?

be careful what you clean the lens with there an micro optical surface layer on the lens itself to prevent damage to it.. use a cotton swap with optical (glasses cleaner) don't use as per everyones thinking alcohol.. alcohol is a corrosive substance alone yes it will clean the lens but in the long run will pit it.

congrats on the fix :)
I do have to say not many Venture past opening the case and not getting bewildered where to start..

also as a shortcut, next time you clean the glaze on the pinch disk just use 100grit sandpaper it makes more of a rough surface :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
There is silicone based lubes too. The nice thing about them is they do not atract as much dirt as coventional lubes.
Ken

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ya i used a silicone lube that I use on my air rifle for dampening the spring recoil sound. Silicone lubes ar quite common...just a little dab will do ya.
This is like day four or five since the fix and temps are like zero outside, the player is working flawlessly.[driving]

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would advise not to get sand paper anywhere near the inside of the deck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts