Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just snapped a couple pics of my buddy's ride after we finished his exhaust. I think it turned out pretty sweet. Notice how we Y'ed it above the rear suspension and brought it over under the spare tire well.











 

·
Registered
Joined
·
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i like his car. Its never going to be fast, but its not every day you see a wagon slammed on H&R Coilovers and Alba's. I give him a lot of respect for doing something origional.
 

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
Joined
·
4,894 Posts
I want that exhaust on my sedan.....

Really, I do. Can you help? Was there any 'core' exhaust in there? Like, I was planning on using the MBRP exhaust as my 'core' exhaust, then fabbing it into a dual....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
CrazyMatt said:
I want that exhaust on my sedan.....

Really, I do. Can you help? Was there any 'core' exhaust in there? Like, I was planning on using the MBRP exhaust as my 'core' exhaust, then fabbing it into a dual....
We completely fabbed his exhaust from the flex pipe back at the shop i work at. He had some other exhaust on there that looked like a piece of crap from a local wannabe exhaust shop (Herb's muffler for anyone in the NW) He had the magnaflow resonator and tip and so i searched around till i found a matching tip and reused the muffler. It sounds pretty good. A little loud for my taste, but deep and burly.
 

·
Boost?
Joined
·
2,378 Posts
matt dont buy an mbrp and then hack it up, bring it ot an exhaust shop and have them make you something custom, hacking an mbrb would judt waste money.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,660 Posts
I agree nice car rims a little much but hey it is diffrent
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BlackNRed01 said:
matt dont buy an mbrp and then hack it up, bring it ot an exhaust shop and have them make you something custom, hacking an mbrb would judt waste money.
I agree, but just remember you get what you pay for. I work for one of the most respected custom exhaust builders in Western Washington. We are almost never the lowest price, but as you can see our work is pretty good.
 

·
BAD EGG
Joined
·
7,418 Posts
Damnit....can't see the pix until I get home tonight [?|]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oops i meant to hit "edit" but accidentally clicked quote.

I agree, but just remember you get what you pay for. I work for one of the most respected custom exhaust builders in Western Washington. We hardly ever have the lowest price, but as you can see our work is pretty good.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
758 Posts
That is a very nice, clen looking dual exhaust. I actually really like that alot. And for the Focus wagon being an ugly car, (no dis wagoneers, just mpo) that one looks good. I like those rims on there, dropped like that. Thats a hell of a drop by the way, damn.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bizzy_13 said:
That is a very nice, clen looking dual exhaust. I actually really like that alot. And for the Focus wagon being an ugly car, (no dis wagoneers, just mpo) that one looks good. I like those rims on there, dropped like that. Thats a hell of a drop by the way, damn.
finally some respect for the wagon! I have always hated them, but for some reason his car has grown on me. When we used to cruise around together it was cool, cause we have the same car yet they are complete opposites. He would roll through an intersection and people would hear the bass in the slammed wagon on chrome, and then i would follow it up with the scream of the blow off valve out of the turbo hatch on black steelies. [:D]

yeah its like a 3.5" drop i think, it rides remarkable good too. When they were doing the suspension, they pulled the springs completely out and were driving it sitting on the bump stops. I could barely fit my hand under it laying flat on the ground, haha. It has a hell of a system in it too. RE 15" sub with 2000 watt monoblock Audiobahn. It hits so hard its unbelievable. The roof goes up and down like an inch in each way and the windows shake like hell and look like they are going to blow out. Im not big into stereo's, but he has the loudest system i have ever heard.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,218 Posts
yo, forcefed... not trying to be a dick or anything. this is a serious question:

what's the purpose of routing the pipes that way??


it just looks more complicated and, unless it serves a purpose, looks like a waste of time and effort.
again, not being a dick. I know nothing about exhausts (or cars in general for that matter) and I want to learn.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
our bender couldnt get a tight enough bend to dive underneath the spare tire well off the left side of the Y, so while we were trying to brainstorm another way to do it, i came up with the idea. It actually was WAY easier then trying to make it work the other way. It made the welds wide open and simplified the install alot. Because the car is so low, we wanted to keep it up as high as possible. Going this direction gave us plenty of clearance off the ground and the car. I know it looks crazy, but in reality that was the easier way to do it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
814 Posts
The twins look good...i always dig symmetry on a car whenever possible.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,218 Posts
ForceFedFocus said:
our bender couldnt get a tight enough bend to dive underneath the spare tire well off the left side of the Y, so while we were trying to brainstorm another way to do it, i came up with the idea. It actually was WAY easier then trying to make it work the other way. It made the welds wide open and simplified the install alot. Because the car is so low, we wanted to keep it up as high as possible. Going this direction gave us plenty of clearance off the ground and the car. I know it looks crazy, but in reality that was the easier way to do it.
well, that makes a lot of sense now that you explain it.
thanks for the answer.
 
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Top