1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just Dynoed after JRSC now problems

Just Dynoed after JRSC now problems.

2004 SVT

I just got through with my dyno sessions and with the 2.6" pulley and the big boost kit it made 215 hp and 178 ft/lbs torque. To tune I had to purchase an excaliber tuner. How do those #'s compare to others with the same setup. Now for the problems. When I picked it up they told me I had an oil leak, I checked it out and it was leaking from the tube off of the valve cover where I had a small breather, it is also smoking like a freight train out of the tube. I drove approx 10 miles and was over 1/2 quart low on oil. Also on the drive as I approached a stop light the car died but refired fine. PLEASE HELP ME BEFORE MY WIFE KILLS ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks,

Jason

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Just Dynoed after JRSC now problems.

2004 SVT

I just got through with my dyno sessions and with the 2.6" pulley and the big boost kit it made 215 hp and 178 ft/lbs torque. To tune I had to purchase an excaliber tuner. How do those #'s compare to others with the same setup. Now for the problems. When I picked it up they told me I had an oil leak, I checked it out and it was leaking from the tube off of the valve cover where I had a small breather, it is also smoking like a freight train out of the tube. I drove approx 10 miles and was over 1/2 quart low on oil. Also on the drive as I approached a stop light the car died but refired fine. PLEASE HELP ME BEFORE MY WIFE KILLS ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks,

Jason

·
Registered
278 Posts
where did you get the 2.6 pulley from? im guessing you didnt like the fr tune?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Sounds like you broke a piston, Bummer.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Im not trying to be a dick, but did you read the other thread you posted? In it, Frush who had blown up his motor running i think the same pulley. You cant run that much boost out of a JRSC, they dont have cooling and after like 12psi they begin to loose their effeciency (sp?) anyways. I hope nothing is seriously broke man. I am running the 3in pulley which makes 10 psi and make approx those number and have been running this setup for 10K miles with 0 troubles. Good luck man.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kicking Myself

I am sick, I have not been checking the forums in a while. If I had I think I wouldnt be having this problem

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
hate to say man, but probably true. Hope you and your car are fine.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Yep, sounds like what happened to mike1 on here...

....did your oil dipstick happen to pop out of the tube? (lift up)

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
Moved to "Forced Induction Chat"...
Duplicate threads merged...
thefrush said:
Oh, and if you seriously have a 2.6" Pulley on there, you can say good night to your engine. You may want to confirm that, because my engine went after three days of boosting on a 2.75" Pulley, and that had me at 16PSI, and right around maximum blower efficiency.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Re: Kicking Myself

lexasgs400 said:
I am sick, I have not been checking the forums in a while. If I had I think I wouldnt be having this problem
Start with a compression and leakdown test to see what condition your condition is in....Then,most importantly, after you find out how bad you toasted your pistons and rings, suck up to your wife .....[:D]

·
Registered
148 Posts
^^^^Yep, but even better, do a leak down test. Either way, it does not sound good.
I dont want to get you upset but it sounds like broken rings - perhaps a hole in the skirt too. Thats the only way oil will get pumped up into the cam cover and out the breather hole.

I had the same problem with smoke out of the cam cover hole. Smoked like crazy. IT SHOULD NEVER DO THIS! I had to replace an engine because after about 10-15 miles the oil would pool in my air box. Yep it was spitting oil out the breather that bad. I have pics of the cracked rings and busted up piston skirt. You need to be careful otherwise you will get that shit sucked into the oil galleys and you could freeze your oil bypass valve causing you to burst open oil filters.

All I know is smoke from that breather tube precede all of my serious problems. I know from experience. It happened to me.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Sounds like you took out a ringland on one or more of the pistons.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Mike broke a section out of his piston...rings were fine.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Yeah, thats called the ringland, its between the rings.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts