Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So am I better off leaving the air box and snorkel on or to take it all off and just leave the SRI?

What have you guys done. What are the pros and cons of leaving it on or off.

I know it will make it all cleaner looking but the filter then doesnt have anythng to rest on.

If i take the snorkel out will I have to worry about heat bogging?

Thanks.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
How do some of you secure your SRI from bouncing around or do you just let it happen?

·
Aggresive Not Crazy
1,815 Posts
So am I better off leaving the air box and snorkel on or to take it all off and just leave the SRI?

What have you guys done. What are the pros and cons of leaving it on or off.

I know it will make it all cleaner looking but the filter then doesnt have anythng to rest on.

If i take the snorkel out will I have to worry about heat bogging?

Thanks.
In the past, i took out the air box and left the snorkel, only because it looked better without the air box imo, and the snorkel still functioned to supply cooler air.

How do some of you secure your SRI from bouncing around or do you just let it happen?
If you bought a legit SRI, then it should have a bracket to attach to come part of the engine i believe. Mine didnt when i had the cheapo kind, so i left it hanging. Not sure how safe it is, just make sure you've got everything nice and tight. Double check everytime you change the oil.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does the air box just disconnect from the snorkel? Did you see mpg gains?

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Question- Am i better off taking the snorkel off my car for the winter time and then putting in back on when it gets a little warmer out. Just because hot air uses less fuel from what I read.

Or should I just take the snorkel off and leave it and the air box off?

·
Registered
221 Posts
The WAI I had on my old car was left all winter for a few years, and I had never seen any difference in MPG, cold or hot. It was better than the stock intake for sure. I say leave it.

I did notice a small gain in power when cold though.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I mean I am leavig it on but should I take off the snorkel and bottom air box or leave them on?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Sorry I'm not entirely sure, since I'm not quite used to the intake set up on that many Ford's, especially our Foci.

I'm gonna dig into it soon, so when I do, I'll post back my findings on what I would agree would be best to do.

Until then...best of luck yo'. [;)]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts