Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought some new mods and though I would share. It will be a while before I can install it all though. Here is what I bought:

Performance: Red 65mm TB w/ ATX Bracket, Red FR Plug Wires and Autolite DBL Plats
Appearance: Clear corners w/ orange bulbs, FC Shorty Ant, SVT Collant Cover
Other: Red Hyperground Wire System, Optima Red Top Battery

In a couple of weeks to a month, I will be Dynamatting the interior at which time I will install a new Black Molded Carpet and Black Focus Floor Mats. When I have the Doors Apart for the system install, the grey cloth door inserts are getting redoen in black cloth.

The Last of the appearance mods will be the Tint and the Performance mods will finish with the suspension and the full exhaust. This should make the car look nicer in the SQ lanes.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know, but I have a lot on my plate right now with some things that I need to do with the Contour. I am also gonna port match the intake Mani to the TB.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
That's a pretty nice list of mods that you got, Jason.

I still have a few things I have to put on my car but this darn snow....errrrr.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We had snow down here and the Focus stayed parked for all of last week. I just cleaned it off on SUN. I am looking into the ATX Pedals like the SVT ones and an SVT Dead Pedal

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Euro that nickname may not be appropriate! LOL

Oh and don't start a post with "nice jis", sorry had to go there.

Jisturm, what other mods you planning in the future?

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jis here. Thanks Euro

Focal. I am goint to do a FS Stealth Catback, FS Flex, RT Cat, and One of the shorty headers don't know which brand though. I do want to do the suspension too but am still in the process of buying the parts. So far I have a Prothane Total Kit already. I am working on the springs and dampners now then will come the strut bars and sways. Once I finish these mods, that will be it until the T/A is done. I feel that this should make a nice little Daily driver and should look nice in the SQ lanes. I am putting together an SQ Comp System in the car.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks. I want the car to handle, look, and drive great. I also want as little attention brought to it as possible while still modding it. This may help to stop people from trying to break in. I got my Dynamat in the mail from the guys at a shop in CA I know. I bought two packs of 36 sq/ft and 5 cans of spray sound deadening. I think this should make it rather quiet.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Hey Jis-man,
Looks like a good list. They only thing is, do you use your radio alot, or mostly cds. I put the FC antenna on, loved the look , but my reception went to sh&*. Some people say they have no probs, just something to condsider , at least its an easy mod to change back...lol......Nuts, Focal beat me to the jis...lol

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am installing XM eventually so the radio won't be that much of a problem. As for Supension, I am thinking of the BAT/Spax 50mm Sport Springs and dampners, Eibach Sways, Prothane Eurethane Total Bushing Set, FS Red Fr & R Strut bars, Rear camber bolts. That is what I am thinking. The wheels will probably remain stock and the Tires are new Goodyear Eagle RS-A

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was thinking about it but will probably go with the stockers or with a set of SVT wheels. Nothing too flashy. Also want the car to look as stock as possible.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
I was thinking of svt wheels myself, I like them, nice not too flashy..Also, I might go with icon w62's in the spring...Anybody know how much an svt wheel weighs? Icon w62 is 19.5 lbs, sorry, I know I'm a freak, but weight matters to me.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just cut your protions and get exercise and...........Oh Sorry. I have no idea how much they weigh.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts