Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All im looking to get some help and be active on a new forum.

Yesterday i sold my 2000 Grand prix gt and was looking for something new when i came across a 2003 Yellow SVT 113 miles on it. I called the kid he said that he was driving and he hurd a noise like the timing chain or belt I don’t know what they are "broke like last time"[???:)]... Last time "yeah, it was just done". He has paper work on that and a sensor/ box that controls the dual stage intake. He said he checked the timing and used a scope to see inside the cylinder wall and number 2 piston had a mark on it and he said the spark plug was smashed. Do you think it needs a motor head work is this common? love to hear some feed back thanks.

·
BACON?
3,170 Posts
The SVT is an interference engine, which means that if the timing belt broke or slipped the valves could come in contact with the pistons. If there is a mark on the piston it is likely that it did contact and the valve is now bent. the bent valves will need to be replaced. which does mean taking the head off. I am not sure why the spark plug would be smashed unless a valve got bent and hit the plug.

How much is this car?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I paid $1200 for it. But if it went up to high and hit the head wouldn’t it mean that the connecting rod came disconnected? I dident think that the crank would let it have that much clearence.

Has anyone had this problem before?

·
FF Affiliate
31,100 Posts
If the belt broke then the piston hits the valves , If it also got a Spk Plug then the head of the valve could of come off , I would pull the plugs and see what they look like

Tom

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Never the less it's a great price you paid for it. You should be able to find a engine for around $2500. Last time I checked car-part they had one in Chicago area.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts