Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
Just bought a gently used 02 ZX5 for a commuter. Nice little ride. Joined this forum because it's 12yrs old and I know I'm gonna be on here looking for answers and how-to's.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Hey jump in here.....

Welcome to the best sight in the world for advise and suggestions for your 2002 ZTS. There's a great number of members that can help with your questions . They have saved me thousands of dollars by letting me do the work myself. Remember whatever your problem, someone on the FFF's have resolved it at some time. So that saves you big bucks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jumpin the gun?

Thanks Cold Bear.
This may be jumpin the gun a little but........

Drivers door handle inop, interior works. I need the 'reinforcement' bracket 6S4Z-5426685-C. But I'm wondering if the cheaper Dorman #81970 (which specifies it is made for 04-07 models) will work.

Best price I found on the correct OEM part is $44.00 w/free shipping on eBay. But the Dorman goes for around 28.00

Anybody know if I can use this instead?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Maybe....

I had the same door handle prob. and my bracket was bad also. My bet it would work. If not, send it back for a refund. I use Parts Geek .com Good luck, easy fix. cb.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
There is a Mazda Tribute handle swap in the Complete How To section. Take a look at it for something different.

Welcome to the site.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts