Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have just bought a focus 1.8 tddi 51 plate and it was an ex police car. i was wondering if the poo-lice leave mods on the cars? And also this is the first turbo car i have bought and have noticed the polava about the BOV's on turbo's. My car already has a K and N air filter on it and wondered whether it would be a good idea to fit a BOV to prolong the life of my turbo?

Try help us out if you can guys any views at all on any of the above i would be grateful for.

Mckenzie

·
Got Bewst?
2,967 Posts
You posted this 3 times? The same exact thing. Im pretty new here too but I dont think that the way they do it here. Just an FYI, posting once is usually enough, but what do I know.

·
GoKart and Me!!!
13,487 Posts
I've cleaned up your duplicate posts and have left this one. Posting the same thing thing in multiple areas is abusing the system. You only need to post once and then be patient for your query to be answered. If you post the exact same thing again, it will be considered as spam and you will be deleted, as well as, your posts. You have been warned.

Welcome to FF, btw. [welcome]

·
Registered
636 Posts
mckenzie, we dont have that engine here in the U.S....is this like the "eco boost" that we have here? if so I know that the ford taurus sho guys are fitting a bov in there but mostly for the sound of a turbo w/ no gains.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok fair. sorry about the 3 posts im a noob and didnt know that it was that bad. with that cleared up my focus is a diesel 1753cc LX TDDI. i think they are only made in GB not sure though. i didnt want anything power gain wise but it was more to the point of prolonging the life of the turbo as the negative pressure could affect it? i aint got a clue about cars like so anything is of help.

Once again sorry about the triple post thing i just thought maybe it was just in different sections and didnt know which one to put my thread in :S

thanks guys. peace, Mckenzie.

·
Got Bewst?
2,967 Posts
ok fair. sorry about the 3 posts im a noob and didnt know that it was that bad. with that cleared up my focus is a diesel 1753cc LX TDDI. i think they are only made in GB not sure though. i didnt want anything power gain wise but it was more to the point of prolonging the life of the turbo as the negative pressure could affect it? i aint got a clue about cars like so anything is of help.

Once again sorry about the triple post thing i just thought maybe it was just in different sections and didnt know which one to put my thread in :S

thanks guys. peace, Mckenzie.
As far as a blow off valve on a turbo diesel, im not sure. I have never owned a diesel and nobody inside of my family minus my uncle who lives on the other side of the country has either so I dont think ill be of much help.

Also, that is a euro only car then because that is definitely not sold in america..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts