Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, new focus owner in Scotland

I've been thinking to buy a focus for the past week and today I signed all the paperwork on a used 61 hatchback candy red focus 1.6 tdci zetec manual. I'm going to be moving from a mini to a focus. To be honest it wasn't the one I wanted. I originally wanted a mars red focus with the appearance pack and rear parking sensors. But just as I was putting a deposit down over the phone to secure the car to go and see someone bought the car so I lost it. The agent at the dealership then found me a candy red one which I had seen but decided against as it didn't have the privacy glass or rear sensors. The agent then went and spoke to the manager and said he would add the privacy glass and colour coded rear sensors free of charge and would reduce the price of the car. So in my books that was some really good customer service right there as they didn't have to do that, I'm sure someone would've bought that car in it's current state, so I decided I would go and see the car in person and genuinely give it a try. I spent some time searching the colour online but that wasn't doing it any justice but going there the candy red didn't look to bad and I decided to go ahead with the deal. I found the car to drive really smoothly and the clutch pedal was feather light. To date the best clutch and gear I had used was in my audi a3 but this was just in a differently league with how smooth and light it was. I did not feel like I had to use any effort to push the clutch in. Now I do a lot of driving and in the long run that will be helpful when stuck in traffic or long distance driving but I'm wondering if it would be as fun and engaging to drive like my mini or previous cars. The only downside I have with the car is it doesn't have electric windows in the back like the mars red one had. I know I won't be sitting in the back of the car and driving it but I would still like it to have electric windows but that's just one little thing and i can live with it.

Cars going to be ready to collect in early September as it's going to take a little while to get the sensors and glass and my number plate transferred. So don't have any pictures currently but once the car is here il be sure to add some pictures

I have a few things that I would already like to do to the car. Such as upgrading all the interior lights to bright white LEDs and changing all the exterior lights etc and also have a few more things I would like to do to the car. One main thing I'm looking into is HID lights and I am not keen on opening the light housing and doing a retrofit as I would probably destroy the car doing that. I've been looking at projector headlights but they all seem to be from the US and I'm not sure if they are available in RHD. So if anyone has any idea or knows of UK based shops that sell projector headlights for my focus then please do let me know.

Thanks for looking

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Welcome to the Forum... You're coming from driving a Mini and an Audi, I hope the Focus fits you right and you won't have any regrets

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the Forum... You're coming from driving a Mini and an Audi, I hope the Focus fits you right and you won't have any regrets

Thanks for the welcome and yeah I've had a fair few cars in the short while that I've been driving but felt it's time to be more sensible and have a practical car and the focus ticked all the boxs just hope I keep it longer than my previous cars

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just a quick update.

i had originally settled for a used 61 hatchback candy red focus 1.6 tdci zetec manual.

but this morning i changed the car i was getting as the dealer called me up saying they got a new car in a 63 hatchback focus 1.6 tdci titanium manual, with all the extras i originally wanted plus more, and if i was interested in that car he would do a good deal for me. i went in and saw the car and really did like the car and liked the added bonus of it still having 2 years manufacturer warranty and pretty much being brand new so i decided to go ahead with the titanium.

Below are pictures the dealer provided me with. will upload some pictures of my own when i collect the car.

Will be sad to see this car go. its been a great daily driver. lots of fun to drive.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Quite nice, and decidedly different than any we get here (the engine/trans. option isn't offered).

Welcome to FF

1 - 5 of 5 Posts