Focus Fanatics Forum banner

81 - 100 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Wait, you own an ST and you're looking to swap to an RS? Just me, but unless you're on tracks a lot, the ST should be more than enough car for a DD. I get that the RS is pretty badass, but I wouldn't drop that kind of cash on a Focus.

It’s about the prestige factor for me.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
69 Posts
Most people don't care about mileage like that under 50,000 miles I'm happy.

I can easily buy an extended manufacturer warranty for cheaper than what the dealership would charge.

I paid $18,300 for my Fiesta ST brand new. $19,800 with tax.

ask Jeremy Clarkson and Richard Hammond what car they prefer. That's no disrespect to the focus ST I still appreciate the car I just prefer small hot hatches.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
I bought mine as a fun DD and occasional track be. At my age I can't afford multiple vehicles, or I would have an jeep and a fiesta. Lol.
For me the FoST was the best option,
Found mine with around 40k miles 12k OTD
Fully loaded ST3 package. 1 older dude owner. Had a scratched drivers side taillight and needed tires which I replaced Poketroll is still triggered that I got a better deal than him. Haha

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I bought mine as a fun DD and occasional track be. At my age I can't afford multiple vehicles, or I would have an jeep and a fiesta. Lol.
For me the FoST was the best option,
Found mine with around 40k miles 12k OTD
Fully loaded ST3 package. 1 older dude owner. Had a scratched drivers side taillight and needed tires which I replaced Poketroll is still triggered that I got a better deal than him. Haha
That's a good price.

·
Registered
383 Posts
You focus on mileage way too much.
Is that like an OCD thing?
The problem with buying a used car with that little mileage is someone bought it and decided they didn't want it. That's not the type of car you want to buy.

Why is mileage such a concern? on a side note the Focus RS is way overpriced it still has a crappy Ford interior. Sorry it is crappy compared to something like a Volkswagen.

He is on the spectrum man. He proves it time and time again. He turned down ST3s in better shape because they had like 19k miles.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
You have been saying that for almost 3 years now. You wanted a RS 3 months ago then bought an ST.

WOW. UNREAL

Can you ask the mods on the RS & ST forums if I can just come back? I’m been banned for a few months now.....

There was recently a guy looking for an ‘18 LE NB & I had a link for one, but because I was banned & couldn’t post it.

It would be nice to be able to contribute to the forums again....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Can you ask the mods on the RS & ST forums if I can just come back? I’m been banned for a few months now.....

There was recently a guy looking for an ‘18 LE NB & I had a link for one, but because I was banned & couldn’t post it.

No

·
Registered
383 Posts

Again? When did you start?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Lol ok, fun first 1k miles? Are you adjusting your price relative to more miles you put on it? I do suggest at least test driving an RS. That's what solidified my decision to pick an ST.

The only reason to ever pick an ST over an RS is to save money. We can all agree on that.....

I’ve driven several RS’s now... what’s the point? It’s a very easy car to drive & it looks 100x better than an ST.

I was willing to overpay & buy a ‘17 SG RS at AutoNation in October but their finance guy pissed me off so I walked away.

Nothing worse than sales people questioning my ‘budget’ or telling me how to read a CARFAX. I also learned that CPO cars are gimmicks & cover nothing.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Wait, you own an ST and you're looking to swap to an RS? Just me, but unless you're on tracks a lot, the ST should be more than enough car for a DD. I get that the RS is pretty badass, but I wouldn't drop that kind of cash on a Focus.

I want a blue badge on my hatch, is that so bad? My goodness, who cares if I DD the thing.... you only live once..... it’s an AWD version of an ST & looks 100x times better.

UNREAL

·
Registered
383 Posts
The only reason to ever pick an ST over an RS is to save money. We can all agree on that.....

I’ve driven several RS’s now... what’s the point? It’s a very easy car to drive & it looks 100x better than an ST.

I was willing to overpay & buy a ‘17 SG RS at AutoNation in October but their finance guy pissed me off so I walked away.

Nothing worse than sales people questioning my ‘budget’ or telling me how to read a CARFAX. I also learned that CPO cars are gimmicks & cover nothing.

Finance guy? So much for paying cash huh....

You’ve driven a RS? The way you drive you wouldn’t be able to tell the difference anyway seeing as how you putz around in the pile ST you share with the bank now...

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Finance guy? So much for paying cash huh....

You’ve driven a RS? The way you drive you wouldn’t be able to tell the difference anyway seeing as how you putz around in the pile ST you share with the bank now...

When you purchase a vehicle, regardless of how you pay for it, you go through finance. Dealers hate me because I can actually afford to buy it, so they don’t make any money off of me. I have the title in hand for my ST. Next up, Focus RS.

Why? Because I like the RS better. Fuel economy isn’t on my mind right now.

UNREAL

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
That said, I won’t overpay for an RS.

‘18 LE RR RS, under 15k miles & 100% stock.... 30-32k. If a price is reasonable then I’ll consider one.

And yes, I like Red now. Too many little issues with the 2017s.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
A Ford Dealer on the east coast currently has an ‘18 LE RR w/ 24k miles priced @ 38k. Lol they’re out of their minds. I seriously might call & offer them 28k.

·
Registered
383 Posts
When you purchase a vehicle, regardless of how you pay for it, you go through finance. Dealers hate me because I can actually afford to buy it, so they don’t make any money off of me. I have the title in hand for my ST. Next up, Focus RS.

Why? Because I like the RS better. Fuel economy isn’t on my mind right now.

UNREAL

When I replaced the ST you bought, I handed my check to my salesman, signed some papers, took the keys and drove home.... That’s usually how it goes for me.... How’s it feel to share your car with a bank? Then lie about it on the internet?

·
Registered
20 Posts

I asked myself if you could be re-instated...my answer was no.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I asked myself if you could be re-instated...my answer was no.

Fair enough, sir. however I feel like I should be given a second chance to contribute to the forums. I could see if I had been banned multiple times or been given several warnings, however that wasn’t the case. I was permanently banned based off of one silly comment I made & I can’t take it back.

I feel like some ST & RS guys come on here to antagonize me & then go post my replies on the ST forum, trying to make me look bad + I can’t reply back because I’m banned.

You could always consider unbanning me for a week & see how it goes? Everyone deserves a second chance, right? After all, I am an ST owner now.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Fair enough, sir. however I feel like I should be given a second chance to contribute to the forums. I could see if I had been banned multiple times or been given several warnings, however that wasn’t the case. I was permanently banned based off of one silly comment I made & I can’t take it back.

I feel like some ST & RS guys come on here to antagonize me & then go post my replies on the ST forum, trying to make me look bad + I can’t reply back because I’m banned.

You could always consider unbanning me for a week & see how it goes? Everyone deserves a second chance, right? After all, I am an ST owner now.

You have NEVER made a positive contribution.... Ever... On any forum...So why do you deserve a 2nd chance on something you never even attempted the first time.

81 - 100 of 103 Posts