Focus Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 60 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Yep there you go again believing the stuff that you own has such high value just like you did on your last car that Ford bought back.

I could have easily purchased that car brand new for that price it is a ST1 correct? yeah easily bought it brand new for that price.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

No offense, but these ST & RS guys come on here to mess with me.... they miss me over on their forums, so they do this stuff to me....

Also, have you seen RS prices? They’re ridiculously high with 30-40k miles on them. I feel like a low mileage ST or RS is going to hold more of a premium these days.

I’ve looked at 2018 ST prices & anything with under 20k miles is around $21-22k. I’m pretty much at market value right now...

JUST WOW....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
No offense, but these ST & RS guys come on here to mess with me.... they miss me over on their forums, so they do this stuff to me....

Also, have you seen RS prices? They’re ridiculously high with 30-40k miles on them. I feel like a low mileage ST or RS is going to hold more of a premium these days.

I’ve looked at 2018 ST prices & anything with under 20k miles is around $21-22k. I’m pretty much at market value right now...

JUST WOW....

That's because an rs has 100 more hp and torque, and has an adaptive awd system that would probably trash an st even if the st had a big turbo, around a track.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I'm not buying a used performance car for new car price. Literally every vehicle I bought new I have easily gotten 20% off the sticker price.
Not to mention there are other vehicles filling the void in the hot hatch market that Ford left. On top of it 90% of us don't have an obsession with brand loyalty we will simply go buy something else.

The ST and RS are two completely different cars. With that said most people I know that have owned an RS really didn't enjoy them.

·
Registered
909 Posts
That's because an rs has 100 more hp and torque, and has an adaptive awd system that would probably trash an st even if the st had a big turbo, around a track.

Yes, I understand all of that & it’s a much better looking car, however I’m not going to overpay for one, with high mileage, no warranty & multiple owners.

Now, if a one-owner car pops up locally & I feel like it’s been driven responsibly & has under 20k miles on it, then maybe I’ll consider overpaying a little bit, if I want one that badly.

That said, if you look at ST prices, the low mileage 2017/18’s are around 20-22k, so I’m not that far off. I’d be giving it away at 18k.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Look. No one cares what you think about price points and whatever. When you constantly drag an entire forum through the weeds with you, evaluating EVERY thought you have about the car you want, going back and forth for YEARS, and then you get mad when everyone loses their patience with your nagging and starts trolling you about it and telling you to JUST BUY A DAMN CAR ALREADY... it's on you.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Absolutely agree I bought a Fiesta ST within a few hours of making a final decision I didn't nag anyone about it I just got it done. My wife has a Genesis g70 a fantastic car. She test drove several vehicles in one day and that car was in the driveway within a week with an absolute fantastic deal. I feel like I stole that car.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Absolutely agree I bought a Fiesta ST within a few hours of making a final decision I didn't nag anyone about it I just got it done. My wife has a Genesis g70 a fantastic car. She test drove several vehicles in one day and that car was in the driveway within a week with an absolute fantastic deal. I feel like I stole that car.

It's not a house.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Last edition 2018..... low miles & under warranty. You want it? Gunna have to pay for it.... $22k FIRM NO HAGGLE

Nobody is going to pay that price for that clapped out ST of yours.

You complain about pricing but here you are asking a new car price for your beat up ST

UNREAL...JUST WOW

·
Registered
378 Posts
Yes, I understand all of that & it’s a much better looking car, however I’m not going to overpay for one, with high mileage, no warranty & multiple owners.

Now, if a one-owner car pops up locally & I feel like it’s been driven responsibly & has under 20k miles on it, then maybe I’ll consider overpaying a little bit, if I want one that badly.

That said, if you look at ST prices, the low mileage 2017/18’s are around 20-22k, so I’m not that far off. I’d be giving it away at 18k.

Not when you consider you didn’t know how to drive a stick when you bought it...

And, you forgot there isn’t a warranty on that car.... It’s been tuned by stratified, CP-E and JST. I flashed many revisions. The flash counter is likely in the 20s or 30s.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Depends on the dealership. I know plenty of people who have had their car warrantied with tunes.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Depends on the dealership. I know plenty of people who have had their car warrantied with tunes.

I bought the ST from a Ford Dealer & its 100% stock & under warranty. ThE RS & ST guys already know that however they’re just on here trying to make me look bad, that’s all, it’s what they do.

Also, they’re upset because I’ve been perfectly fine with the manual & haven’t struggled with it, like they hoped I would.

Lastly, I made one comment about how I paid cash & didn’t have to wait around in finance & get approved & apparently that rubbed some members the wrong way & I got banned. I would’ve thought a week or two, but I guess it’s a permanent ban.

I can’t even defend myself on the ST forum, even though they keep bumping my thread.

UNREAL

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
All I can really say is you probably would not have gotten banned on the Fiesta ST site permanently.
And people who have been banned we've let them come back several times.
Not trying to be disrespectful but the Fiesta ST platform attracts a more mature audience.
No religion, politics or name calling and you're pretty much good.

·
Registered
9 Posts
All I can really say is you probably would not have gotten banned on the Fiesta ST site permanently.
And people who have been banned we've let them come back several times.
Not trying to be disrespectful but the Fiesta ST platform attracts a more mature audience.
No religion, politics or name calling and you're pretty much good.

You may be right, I dunno, but this man's version of what happened is uh... not... well look, I'll just say I was on this dude's side until he started getting actually rude.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I bought the ST from a Ford Dealer & its 100% stock & under warranty. ThE RS & ST guys already know that however they’re just on here trying to make me look bad, that’s all, it’s what they do.

Also, they’re upset because I’ve been perfectly fine with the manual & haven’t struggled with it, like they hoped I would.

Lastly, I made one comment about how I paid cash & didn’t have to wait around in finance & get approved & apparently that rubbed some members the wrong way & I got banned. I would’ve thought a week or two, but I guess it’s a permanent ban.

I can’t even defend myself on the ST forum, even though they keep bumping my thread.

UNREAL

You made many comments about how you seemed to be able to pay cash because of your ford settlement... It’s a focus, it’s not an expensive car... You made yourself look bad all on your own.

It hasn’t always been stock though...

·
Registered
378 Posts

Cool, maybe for little shot that the tune wouldn’t really have affected anyway, but not expensive drivetrain parts... And everyone has that uncle cousin brother gf story about something...

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Cool, maybe for little shot that the tune wouldn’t really have affected anyway, but not expensive drivetrain parts... And everyone has that uncle cousin brother gf story about something...
Definitely don't agree I have had my car for almost 4 years now and have been active in the community just as long.
I personally know people who have done some dumb stuff and blew their engines apart. One of the secrets well it's not a secret is take your car to a performance oriented Ford dealership.
The one I bought my car from sales Richard Petty mustangs.

No crazy story no cousin just the truth.

I'm not into bullshitting people and I don't know the whole backstory of this car but I'll just pretend.

If I buy a car from a Ford dealership used and they tell me it still has a warranty it's going to have warranty. What someone did to the car prior is not my problem that's the dealerships responsibility to disclose that information. if I can get this done in North Carolina you can definitely get it done in California which has excellent consumer protection laws.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Definitely don't agree I have had my car for almost 4 years now and have been active in the community just as long.
I personally know people who have done some dumb stuff and blew their engines apart. One of the secrets well it's not a secret is take your car to a performance oriented Ford dealership.
The one I bought my car from sales Richard Petty mustangs.

No crazy story no cousin just the truth.

I'm not into bullshitting people and I don't know the whole backstory of this car but I'll just pretend.

If I buy a car from a Ford dealership used and they tell me it still has a warranty it's going to have warranty. What someone did to the car prior is not my problem that's the dealerships responsibility to disclose that information. if I can get this done in North Carolina you can definitely get it done in California which has excellent consumer protection laws.

Someone has never heard of fine print...

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Someone has never heard of fine print...
Yep sure have.
Some don't know how to stand up for themselves and get things done.

You have obviously had some bad experiences. Personally I've always been able to resolve an issue with a company. I never said it was easy sometimes you have to fight. But I know multiple people that have had brand new engines put in their car by Ford. Yes modified cars I didn't say a big turbo but a tune yes.
I guess they could be insane liars who just make crazy stories up for no reason when in reality they paid $6,000 when they said they paid nothing.

41 - 60 of 92 Posts