Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got back last night from summit point. ran emras sprint race sunday. my god the weather was amazing. and since so many cars wrecked in the sat. nite enduro, there were only 20 cars in my (big bore) race. the best part was two nascar trucks that were just unbelievable. on the last lap they went by me nose to tail on the inside of turn 10. vinny i know you know how tough that is. im running about 100 and they went by like i was going backwards. so now its off to vir friday. oh theres a pic of the trucks just after passing me over at fj in the race forum. (never thought id see me w/trucks on track)

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Sorry that I didn't come. I know the weather was beautiful but I had things to do.
Glad to hear that you had a great time!

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
weather

im used to temps in the 40s usually up there this time of year. it was so warm in my drivers suit yesterday that i threw on a/c while waiting in the false grid for race start. lot better than snow. oh and vin i wish had been there sat nite. the enduro ended w/car on its roof in front of pits. also had one teetering on top of the berm between 4 and 5, suprisingly little damage. the big one on sunday was the monte carlo that came out of ten and lost it big time, rolled completely over. that let me claim a faster quailifying run than him!

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Man, now I'm really sorry I couldn't make it. Would liked to have seen that car upside down, would have liked to see those trucks...did you happen to get what kind of times the trucks were turning?
I got passed once in 4 during a 4 hour endurance by tray Batey on a gsxr like I was going backwards, and I was flat out on a built 600, and I used to take 4 flat out! It still amazes me how fast he must have been going into 5!

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lap times

they qualified at 1:21, but ran as low as 1:18 in race. that is booking. that gave them a 15 second lead per lap on me and the other 4 cylinder cars. i missed the flip as i was elsewhere. just saw the crew trying to clean underside off. had enough mud and grass for a farm.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
1.18 out of a truck, that sounds nuts doesn't it ? If you can call those things trucks! I remember seeing a picture somewhere of a gt car with " SEND HELP " painted in white on the bottom of the car, and the car was upside down in the picture. I always loved that... A man willing to think that far ahead!![:D]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.