Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Steeda rear sway bar, RE-71 205/50 15 tires, AEM air filter.

Don't have the points to post directly, so here is the fastest run from the third race of the year. I beat a '15 Civic type R in my class by 0.522 seconds.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
By the way, the Honda was not a type R, but a fake kit on an SI. The US didn't get a type R in 2015.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This past weekend, I went down to Oklahoma City for a Midwestern Divisional Autocross. 43 of 49 Saturday, 50 of 70 on Sunday. I was the only GS on Saturday, and one of two on Sunday. Sunday I beat many cars that should have been faster.

Saturday's best run:

Sunday's best run:

Sunday was a fast track. I have never driven an autocross this fast.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just ran this past Sunday, did fairly well. I did beat a '17 Cruse R Hatchback.

·
FUBARCUS
7,760 Posts
Awesome run! Looks like someone was leaving lots of rubber in a few areas of the course.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I didn't leave much rubber. My Bridgstone Turanza RE-71R tires are still sticking very well.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
FYI - because of the positive camber of this car when turning, I wore out the outside edge of the tires I race with. So ends my adventures.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I actually checked. Wheels straight, camber is about +0.5 degrees. Turn the steering wheel one turn left. Right wheel is at +2 degrees, left wheel at +4 degrees. This quickly induces squeal when you take a curve hard, before you lose traction. But, when you take a lot of curves hard with soft tires, the outside edge of the tires quickly wears down.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
I actually checked. Wheels straight, camber is about +0.5 degrees. Turn the steering wheel one turn left. Right wheel is at +2 degrees, left wheel at +4 degrees. This quickly induces squeal when you take a curve hard, before you lose traction. But, when you take a lot of curves hard with soft tires, the outside edge of the tires quickly wears down.
ya it takes a lot of front to back rotation, and then at half life, dismount the tire, flip on the wheel, to start wearing down the other shoulder. (put inside to outside)

15" bridgestones shouldnt have been too spendy. not like the 19" ones on my mustang :(

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My next race with be on Nexen N'Fera SUR4G tires. I hope the sidewalls are stiffer. 225/45 15's.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Race from Sunday the 20th

Here is my best run. Beat three other cars in class, and won Master PAX (weighted by class) by 0.006 seconds. Found these Nexxan tires like pressure. Ran fronts at 51 PSI.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts