Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i hope you can help me out this might be a tricky one. About a year ago i saw a web site selling a little plug that went in the air intake box (i think) that forces the Rpm's down faster and now i cant find that website anymore. someone please help.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've heard of "chips" that piggy-back onto the MAF wires, but those are just insulators that make your car think it's colder outside than it really is and are a good way to destroy your engine. The only way I know of bringing down the RPMs faster is a lighter flywheel

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it might have been bs but it was advertised for like 20 dollars. it looked like a plastic plug that brought down the rpms when you were shifting from close to redline because the focus likes to hang at 5900 rpm and makes for not smooth up shift or down shift. i may be crazy but i swear i saw it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
For downshift, just double clutch. But yea, the only thing that'll make a quicker RPM response is a lighter flywheel. Personally, I usually just ignore the $20 guaranteed hp upgrades

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i always avoid the fake bs but this one really sounded legit because it sounded like a common issue in the focus

·
Registered
82 Posts
Are you talking about the wedge piece that went on the throttlebody's butterfly plate to stop the throttle hang?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes thats it where do i find it...

·
Registered
975 Posts
For downshift, just double clutch. But yea, the only thing that'll make a quicker RPM response is a lighter flywheel. Personally, I usually just ignore the $20 guaranteed hp upgrades
why would u double clutch a sycronized tranny?????????

·
Registered
442 Posts
^i think he is too. he could fill the hole in the throttle body with jb weld and then make the hole the size of ones on aftermarket tbs. i did that before i bought a bbk. it allows you to engine brake also.

·
Registered
975 Posts
make the iac holes smaller?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i still cant find it anywhere [dunno]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts