Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this a valid mod or just a noise maker. Will I see any performance increase. What about a diable Sport chip, Any good? Zex for a auto?

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
1.)
Can U B more specific abut the intake?

You don't put a filter on the snorkle or the resonator/silencer on the side of the stock air box.

Check out this thread . The guy put a cone filter on the stock air box.

You will see a couple of HP's but nothing dramatic but it's noticable.
It will also make your car louder and you will hear a sucking sound coming from your engine compartment.

2.)
With any of the chips, you will get maybe a pony or two for the stock program.
If you have an auto, it also changes your shift points.
Also, you can have the rev limiter and the 108mph speed limiter removed. Just make sure to ask them to remove them when you purchase.

3.)
Not sure if anyone on this forum as used the ZEX kit on an auto tranny. I know a few on this forum do have the ZEX wet kit on their Focus with manual tranny.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
skip the naaaawwwwss on your autotragic unless u have the cash to buy a new one soon. get the chip, u will like it. cone filter will help a tiny bit but dont expect a gran touring race car out of it.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
doesn't hurt... and it's always good for a smile anyway. i ran around like that for a while and enjoyed it. convinced me to go ahead and buy an intake eventually.

Mike

·
Registered
348 Posts
microtonal said:
2.) With any of the chips, you will get maybe a pony or two for the stock program.
This is true of peak numbers, but don't forget that the biggest gains occur below 3500rpm.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
The best thing about the chip for those of us with the ATX is the shifting seems to firm up and it raises the speed limiter. Who cares about the HP increase. As for a mod for your intake, look around here for a used one. Most of the people here won't sell there junk on here. Another way to go is with the MAC Short Ram. It is a rather nice and cheap starter intake.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts