Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't want to single out anyone, but my experience involved buying a thermostat housing off an SVT engine from someone here. Picked it up from my mailbox and turns out it looked like it was left under a foot of water for the last couple years:
-Screws completely rusted you couldn't pull them out.
-Corrosion just everywhere.
-Plus the part where the o-ring fits where the housing meets the engine was warped slightly and showed signs of cracking. It would have leaked.

Part was advertised as "does not leak". At least it wasn't a big financial loss though. I found a new one for almost the same I paid for this rusty pos.

Lesson?: buyer beware.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Dispute the charge on Paypal. Hopefully you sent the money as payment for goods that require shipping. If you did, then you have every right to dispute the charge. In my mind, sending a bad part when said part is advertised to be good is tantamount to breach of contract. Seller advertises that part is good, buyer takes seller's word (maybe sees pictures), buyer enters into a sales agreement (aka - a contract), seller breaches contract by sending junk parts, buyer gets $$ back in long run, & seller gets blemish on paypal & CF records. At the end of the day, you are happy because you get your $$ back, and seller learns a valuable lesson in business ethics.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Why are you so invested in protecting a seller who misrepresented an item for sale?

I thought as members of FF we were here to help each other out. By calling out the person who misrepresented the item, you help the rest of us, and perhaps teach a valuable lesson to the perp.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.