Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're getting ready to hit the road and head up to the in-laws in Virginia. Being that they have no internet, much less a computer, I wanted to leave a little note to everyone for Thanksgiving.

It may sound corny, but I always try to take a moment sometime during Thanksgiving to reflect over the year and put into perspective what I'm thankful for. Usually one of the first things that comes to mind is health, followed by family. Employment usually comes next (although with the wife without permanent employment still, that one is kind of a mixed bag), followed by hearth & home.

This year however, there is one thing new that I am thankful for. I've always enjoyed visiting the Focus sites, but I've also felt a little frustrated that there wasn't a lot of involvement with meets here. When the opportunity came to try to plan some meets across the state and drum up some involvement, I was immediately on board with it. We may not have had a lot of meets, or huge turnouts, but I was excited about the amount of interest and involvement they garnered. It was cool to see some people take an interest in having some local meets as well. This was exactly what I had hoped for - building community.

So for all of you who were able to make it to the meets, those that wanted to but couldn't, and all those that helped make them the fun events they were - thank you. It's been cool to put faces with names and make new friends, as well as just hang out with you guys and enjoy chewing the fat about our love for the Focus.

I've got to load up Jack for the trip now, so I hope you all have a safe and happy Thanksgiving. [thumb]

·
Registered
594 Posts
Yeah i enjoyed meeting some of the guys wish i had more time off to but seems like my kids take up alot of my time nowadays. Next time i might have both of the boys with me...and Thank Goodness gas has come down....now i can afford my timing belt job & hopefully my new clutch before spring.

Have a safe trip Brent........

1 - 2 of 2 Posts