Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2002 Focus with a 2.0 Zetec needs new motor mounts. I can't find the OEM passenger mount for less than $100, so I was considering going to the local junkyard to find one.
Is this a terrible idea and a waste of time? How can I tell if the replacement part is any good?

·
Registered
2004 Focus Wagon, Zetec DOHC, Auto
1,377 Posts
I wouldn't say that would be a terrible idea...you might get lucky. I don't know how you would tell if they are good just by looking at them. The one that I replaced on my car looked fine (no obvious damage or leaking), but it was bad. That price of $100 is about normal for them, but the non-oem versions are not worth buying.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Probably a waste of time. I got my mounts recently from bluespringsfordparts.com and the price was reasonable.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I see a "Ford YS4Z-6038-FA - INSULATOR ASY" on Amazon for $80 and free shipping. Check fit to make sure that is correct for your car.

·
Registered
15,742 Posts
Most of them cannot be graded according to appearance and most will not buy official Ford, the odds while there will be low.

·
Registered
2006 SE ZXW 2.0 Auto
2 Posts
Have you checked RockAuto? Their mounts are all less than $50.

I replaced my right front mount about 6 months ago with an Anchor brand one, performance seems great so far.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Most of them cannot be graded according to appearance and most will not buy official Ford, the odds while there will be low.
The mount that comes up on Amazon is being sold by a Ford dealership in Amarillo, TX. It is a genuine Ford part.

I replaced my right front mount about 6 months ago with an Anchor brand one, performance seems great so far.
Hope it works for you. Most people say they only last about a year and are not as smooth as the OEM mount.

·
Registered
15,742 Posts
Good on that being an official Ford part, you have to be careful and research enough to be sure, too many claim it but aren't when you look closer.

I used to sell Anchor mounts, I have seen them break in a week to blow the top plate out, it then ran through belt to tear up all kinds of things. I myself went through about 5 only 1 seemed to be worth what I paid for it even though it shook car a bit more.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Going by memory, my OEM PMM was around $70/shipped. No way I'd try to save a few bucks with used junk or aftermarket.

·
Registered
15,742 Posts
The FA is likely no big deal, simply a later batch or revision number. Look at the new part arrived, it will likely not be a BA unless it has sat in inventory for 18 years. Last two letters can be simply major or minor revisions or possibly a color code if the part comes in more than one color. Looking in parts catalog for a BA should produce the later letter part if it has not changed enough to not use it. Superceded part number.

·
Registered
15,742 Posts
The spacing IS different but the basic part number is too......2M5Z-6038-AA. An SVT mount number.

The (3rd digit) 5 is SVT and 4 in your original number is normal zetec. Go through more parts and it becomes clear. The first 4 digits include the product code, which is what SVT is, a different product.

Went to Rock Auto and found several numbers at the ends saying same part fits AA, BA, DA, FA, you pick it. Seen it that way more than once buying parts.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts