Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want a cheap exhaust and I found this one for $200 and it doesn't have a fart can on the back... Should I go for it?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
what type is it? what are the specs?

looks shinny!!!

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what type is it? what are the specs?

looks shinny!!!
Here are the specs:

C-H-E-A-P

Ba-dum-tum! [screwy]

But seriously, it is stainless steel and made by P.I.T. or PIT... The main things I like are: stainless steel, cheap, and the muffler is not right in front of the tailpipe like the rice fartcans. I may just take a chance. Hopefully with a resonator and a muffler, it won't be too loud or ricey. [clap]

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Cant beat cheap I guess, if you want it go for it.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The other short-term option is to cut off my lunchbox and have a shop weld on a straight pipe with a tip (when I paint and mount up my Roush rear bumper)... C'mon Nor-Cal'ers, help out a brother! I need some advice from the guys that have been working on their Foci for longer than this relative newbie!

·
Registered
13 Posts
There are other CHEAP exhausts that have been known to work great. MBRP or the Tsudo's on ebay. Just get the right Tsudo. I have it and it works and sounds great.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
I completely agree... there no need what so ever to spend stupid amounts of money on an expensive exhaust.

An expensive exhaust wont make any more power than a cheap exhaust.

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
umm just go to a muffler shop pick out a tip you like and have them put on custom bent 2&1/4 or 2&1/2 cat-back. whichever you prefer. might cost you between $70-$150 depending on how bad they try to rob you out west. i paid $110 for mine and got the guy to put dual exhaust on it which was a royal PITA. AND GET A GLASS PACK PLEASE!!!

·
Registered
783 Posts
You may still be able to find a roush exhaust cheap on ebay... i payed 100+ shipping on mine. couldnt beat that deal

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
umm just go to a muffler shop pick out a tip you like and have them put on custom bent 2&1/4 or 2&1/2 cat-back. whichever you prefer. might cost you between $70-$150 depending on how bad they try to rob you out west. i paid $110 for mine and got the guy to put dual exhaust on it which was a royal PITA. AND GET A GLASS PACK PLEASE!!!
NOOO!! Please! Don't get a glasspack, they sound really ricey.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Since the buzzword is CHEAP, nothing is cheaper than your stock exhaust. :)

j/k. Go for it. Doesn't hurt.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
if you really want to get it, go for it. if it sounds to ricey you can just change mufflers and add a resonator. or are you allready doing that?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
It's not junk, it's just inexpensive.
I have one of the $200 exhausts and I love the sound.
You will need to replace the tip. It's kind of ricey. In the video I had an Acura tip on it (ironic I put a Japanese car's tip on to get rid of the rice) but now I have a Roush look alike tip with my Roush bumper.
I also have painted moldings and handles now, but that has nothing to do with the exhaust note.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
u really are only paying for the sound style. all ss 2.5 or 2.25 inch mandrel bent cat back exhausets will yeild the same HP.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts