Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I deceided I was going to order an Evo 5 kit, and here is my story...

It started with an accident, I used the insurance money to finish up the exterior of the car. I finally went with an Evo 5 kit which I love. The day I ordered I saw a fiberglass one on ebay for 500.00 I didnt want fiberglass allthough the kit was brand new and much cheaper. JT advertises Urethane (sp?) and I was told those are the kits you want. I called them, and ordered a Urethane kit from one of the salesman and with the foglights and shipping it came to almost $800.00. I was really excited and waited two weeks for the truck to come with the kit. It showed up as a fiberglass kit... When I called to dispute it they told me they havent made Urethane kits for over 2 years and not to worry all the fiberglass kits are prefit and guarenteed. A few days later my car was at the shop and the kit was ready to install. The shop manager called me 3 days later and said there was a huge problem with the fitment.

1. The rear bumper cam an inch and a half below the rear light leaving a gap
2. The front bumper was not even the right size.

number one could be fixed easily with a bit of body work from the shop and number two would require a new bumper... SO! on the phone with cali again to complain...

Its been two weeks and my rent a car term has expired already...

Jt said they could get a focus in and fit the bumper... drill holes... and mount the fogs... that eased me a bit and I was told it would get shipped out friday and that I would get a call so I could return the bad bumper on the truck so I would not have to pay shipping. Well friday came... they were unable to send it... tuesday came, still at their shop friday again "Oh we will send it on monday" Which they did... and I got it two weeks later, with no drilled mounts, or fogs mounted inside and to top it off, they never confirmend the date so I could not ship the old bumper back.

But hey... at least they sent me a free JT Autostyle Cap! [V]

Sorry for the lengthy message.. as to date my car is still in the shop ( 2 months now ) and it went to paint on friday but due to the holiday they are closed all week so I wont have it till at least next week.

Thanks for listening... I will deffinetly not be dealing with them again.

·
Capital Obvious
2,562 Posts
Sorry to hear about your misfortune.

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
Damn man, yeah I dunno. I remember you PMing me about the bumper issue after I told you that they are made of urethane. I still feel bad about that but why in the hell would they go back to fiberglass? I feel for ya man..... and now this runaround. Crazy stuff.

OT - my buddy just got his scissor door hinges from them, shipped up to Canada and he got the free hat also.....lol

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im telling you ... the free hat settles all differences, its amazing. I hope to get the car back next week and snap a few pics. After that I need to attempt to put in my two visor monitors and carputer, we will see how that goes.

Thanks for the comments

Chad - cmmcc

1 - 4 of 4 Posts