Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally finished it all up today. Im has having some issues though. First off I threw codes p0135 which is the 02 sensor which is fine i put in a rt hfc. Second is p1233 something with the fuel system. I think this is my major problem. The car drives all right in vaccum but once you try and get boost it starts bogging real bad. My a/f ratio goes from 2.8 to 4.5 which is very low. Im tryin to get a hold of wayne but you know how that is. Any ideas? everything is installed correctly, my guess is something with the fuel pressure in the tune.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
you can try and get ahold of oscar jackson over on FJ for any other problems, that and alot of the members there have some really good info. good luck and i hope you get it running good soon.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think my fuel pump took a crap. got it taken to the dealer itll be done tmorrow hopefully that fixes it

·
Registered
666 Posts
2.8 to 4.5??

Im not familiar with those numbers...Im used to 10 RICH to 17 LEAN.

...so, wayne dyno tuned your car? What are your numbers?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nope not dyno tuned. Just gonna datalog and get it as best as I can. So the lower the number means its rich or lean?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So could my problem be that I am getting too much fuel and that is causing it to bog and drive bad? My spark plugs were a litlle dirty(meaning running rich) and I went through a lot of gas when I drove it a little yesterday. Im really confused now, either way im replacing the fuel pump tomorrow and we will see what happens.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think I figured it out. I think in my tune its giving it too much fuel pressure causing the fuel pump to overwork it self. My mechanic just took the old pump off and he said it was extremly hot and it shouldnt be. Also you know when you turn the ignition on and the fuel pressurizes and makes that noise. My noise sounds a lot different now.

·
Registered
128 Posts
hm pina...when i first installed my jrsc bbk i had installed waynes base jrsc bbk tune....i had the same simptons that u r having with bogging when going into boost...like vacumn was fine for me also then when i wanted to go into boost it would pause like then it would sort of boost....i since sent in my ecu to ford racing and LOVE IT i absoutley love my car now and how it drives....i since also put back in my cat MUCH more enjoyable to drive! idle is perfect dont have my air/fuel hooked up yet i need to soon but i dont hear any deto car loves going into boost now....orp with the jrsc bbk begs for more power...i can feel teh clutch want to grab ALOT harder with the orp and almost feel like it wants to slip but with the stock cat in it feels like it did naturally asspirated and love my gas mileage again i got 270 to a full tank! almost all stop and go traffic and going into boost....i reccomend the ecu reflash if u ever have worries

·
Registered
666 Posts
pinacup7 said:
Nope not dyno tuned. Just gonna datalog and get it as best as I can. So the lower the number means its rich or lean?
Dude, you are in Philly....McNews is what an hour away? Get your butt on the dyno. Mail ordered Boosted tunes are just asking for trouble. If you didnt get it tuned on a dyno, you are using someone elses tuned that *might* have been created on a dyno in GA. Wait til winter comes and your IATs drop...GA doesnt see the temps we see in the winter.

One day, people will learn...

(p.s. I knew you werent tuned on a dyno, I was just hoping we could have this conversation)

·
Registered
666 Posts
I sent you a PM actually...

..map quest em, theyre probably a short drive for you.

The prices are very fair but look at it this way....dyno time vs. new engine. Dyno is MUUUUUCH cheaper. Plus, theyve dyno tuned many boosted Foci, so they have a better starting point.

I'll be there 9am on Wed. Aug 2nd....hopefully hitting 250-260whp.

·
Registered
296 Posts
pinacup7 said:
Well I finally finished it all up today. Im has having some issues though. First off I threw codes p0135 which is the 02 sensor which is fine i put in a rt hfc. Second is p1233 something with the fuel system. I think this is my major problem. The car drives all right in vaccum but once you try and get boost it starts bogging real bad. My a/f ratio goes from 2.8 to 4.5 which is very low. Im tryin to get a hold of wayne but you know how that is. Any ideas? everything is installed correctly, my guess is something with the fuel pressure in the tune.
Mine did the same thing. Did you tighten BOTH clamps on the bypass hose between the intake and the SC?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yea its definatly in the tune. Wayne sent me another tune and that one was junk as well. My fuel rail pressure was jumping all over the place so I put the stock tune on and it runs fine. Is it safe to use the stock tune as long as I dont get into boost? I think im goin to have to just send my pcm to ford racing. Damn I wasted a lot of money through that guy.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Cant you use the "band-aid" tuning JR sent you til you can get to McNews? You could go with the FR ECU, but you'll get much better results with an individually developed dyno tune.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If i send my pcm out to get the ford racing tune can I still reflash it and stuff with the xcal2? Also is it safe to drive the car now on the stock tune w/o getting into any boost?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hey...I also have the JRSC/BBK with the FR tune. I'm no expert, but if you can't get to McNews for several days, send your ECU to FR, to get the BBK tune. At least your car will probably be running much better until you get the dyno-tune done. Also, make sure you run 91octane or higher with everything. 'My two cents...Good luck!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts