Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok SVTF owners i'm looking into picking up the JRSC big boost kit for the SVTF. If you have the JRSC kit on the SVTF. Likes and dislike on the kit. Would you recommend the kit. Let me know. Thanks!

·
Registered
582 Posts
I have a Vortech but wouldn't ever consider the JRSC for my car because its the smallest blower ever and is not even intercooled.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks but i'm not a big fan of Vortech. If i'm going to do that I will go with the PW kit.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Get the PW kit. I saw a vid of an SVTF with JRSC and it was mind numbing watching it accel. It looked like stock.

Actually, Tom is selling a turbo/ manifold/ downpipe for $1500....all you need it the tuning, BOV, piping and IC. I bet you could get the whole thing together for about $3000-3500....and make a ton more power/ tq. than a roots...

·
Registered
582 Posts
Infra-Red SVT said:
Thanks but i'm not a big fan of Vortech. If i'm going to do that I will go with the PW kit.
Not trying to convince you to get a centri blower, just trying to steer you away from the JRSC.

If you don't mind me asking, whats wrong with the Vortech?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's a long story. It goes back to when I had a 5.0 Mustang.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hey--JRSC+BBK owner here. The car certainly has much, much more kick (even modest torque increases feel significant). I am generally very happy--we're talking a 33% increase in power (it ain't no Vortech, but it ain't stock--you know?). I have no complaints; plus, if Ford Racing endorses the product, I don't think you can go wrong with it. However, with the BBK kit, I would actually discourage you from going with the Ford Racing tune; instead, go with an XCal2, custom-dyno tune. The reason(s): Each car has its own personality--and the Ford tune doesn't account for that. In fact, with the Ford tune, I'm having minor, minor detonation issues, and ever-so-slight backfire. But, experts at West Coast shop strongly urged me to correct these problems.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's what I wanted to here. Thank you focalpointe

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
I'm having minor, minor detonation issues, Get those fixxed, asap.. There may be det. going on there that you can't hear. If you can hear it at all, its gonna cause issues.

That is the BB tune from Ford??? I think you are fine driving it, but I wouldn't boost it real hard till you get that det. worked out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts